Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with lift options on wife's 15 JK!

Old 09-27-2014, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SWAT524
Butt hurt much?
not at all, I just find it funny when people recommend the only thing they have experience with even though it's well known for having poor quality components.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a rough country on my jeep for two years. It served me well. I now have a rock krawler 2.5 X factor. If you go over 2 1/2 inches just plan on making changes. I believe that any lift that you are going to drive on the road will probably meet your needs.

Personally I would do the 2.5 budget boost with flat flares. The jeep will have the appearance of riding (4 inches or more) very tall. Yet it will still maintain a good driving geometry with minimal expense.

2 1/2 inches with flat flares and 35 is huge. It may not be on this forum but it is in the real world.

Last edited by Ol' Bob; 09-27-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ol' Bob
I had a rough country on my jeep for two years. It served me well. I now have a rock krawler 2.5 X factor. If you go over 2 1/2 inches just plan on making changes. I believe that any lift that you are going to drive on the road will probably meet your needs. Personally I would do the 2.5 budget boost with flat flares. The jeep will have the appearance of riding (4 inches or more) very tall. Yet it will still maintain a good driving geometry with minimal expense. 2 1/2 inches with flat flares and 35 is huge. It may not be on this forum but it is in the real world.
yep! Once you hit 3" you will need to correct geometry at the control arms and consider minor exhaust mods, brake line extensions, sway bar links, etc.

Quick Reply: Help with lift options on wife's 15 JK!