Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with JKS steering stabilizer bracket

Old 09-18-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Is this your part #24-158428 ?
Just checked the receipt and that is the part number listed. Did anybody else have to take out the bushing to put the bilstein SS on teh JKS bracket?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I emailed JKS today and this is the response I got:

"I just spoke with a friend of mine to get the specs on the ID of the
bilstein stabilizer. It appears they have a sleeve vulcanized in place
(can't be removed). What you'll need to do is remove the entire bushing and
use the 5/8 hourglass we provided in the kit."

Looks like I'll have to remove the whole bushing from stabilizer, not just the sleeve. Thanks for the help guys and thanks to Tom from JKS for responding quickly to my email.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

I could be wrong, but when I put on the front track bar bracket, the instructions called for bolting and welding which is what I did. The of did by include he steering stabilizer bracket, which I think should have. The new location of it is shot half an inch lower...no worked though...we found a part that my buddy is going to custom fab and weld where their bracket should go! Seriously stout products!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

I guess I could have put a pic up!?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110919_175712.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	212986  
Old 09-19-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know exactly what you are talking about, I have this set up.
I too went to put on my steering stabilizer and WTF, what do I do now?
So I tried to punch the brass inner sleeve out, to no avail, CRAP. It is all moulded together, the sleeve and the rubber.
Ok, I need to figure this out,so I got a hack saw blade and taped up the end and cut the sleeve and the rubber right through to the SS housing if you will, then I took out the rubber out of the Terraflex SS and popped it into the Bilstien, and voila. Great steering stabilizer I might add. I do not have one Terraflex Component on my Jeep, and never will again.Well except for that bushing, lol

Last edited by boboborino; 09-19-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

i'm in the same boat. I had the jks bracket welded on. at full turn right(towards passenger side)the tie rod comes underneath and scrapes the bottom of the teraflex stabilizer. not much just enough to wear a 1/4" spot of paint off just as mkjeep posted earlier in the thread. now to the teraflex SS, i bought the first one in late oct. it last less then 2 months and started leaking. had it replaced in jan 20. and that one has also started leaking. so i just ordered a bilstein and it looks like i'll have to mod the bushings to get it to work with the jks relo. all in all i wish id gone with a different relo bracket at this point. i personally have read alot of stories about teraflexs SS leaking lately. they make great products, and they were great with the warranty. i have their lift kit and trackbars. but until they figure out whats up with their SS id stay away from them.

Quick Reply: Help with JKS steering stabilizer bracket