Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with JKS steering stabilizer bracket

Old 09-17-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with JKS steering stabilizer bracket

I recently purchased a steering stabilizer relocation bracket along with a teraflex steering stabilizer for my 2007 Wrangler jk. Shortly after my install, the stabilizer started leaking fluid so I took it in on warranty. When I took it in, I decided to upgrade to a Bilstein 5100 stabilizer. My question is, will this stabilizer work with the JKS bracket? I tried to do the install myself but the rubber fitting on the stabilier does not fit onto the bracket. Is anybody running this combo? Please let me know what I can do.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you talking about the relocate bracket that you can bolt or weld on? If so, my bilstein 5100 works on mine. They coulda put the relocate up about a inch higher though. The bottom of the stabilizer rubs my tierod.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's the one....the stabilizer won't fit on the mounting point on the JKS bracket but it does fit the stock bracket on the tie rod. The jks mounting point is bigger than the stock one. My teraflex stabilizer fit fine so maybe the retailer gave me the wrong stabilizer by accident. Anybody else run into this problem?

Last edited by TmBtc12; 09-17-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by TmBtc12
That's the one....the stabilizer won't fit on the mounting point on the JKS bracket but it does fit the stock bracket on the tie rod. The jks mounting point is bigger than the stock one. My terraflex stabilizer fit fine so maybe the retailer gave me the wrong stabilizer by accident. Anybody else run into this problem?
Is this your part #24-158428 ?
Old 09-17-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill have to get back to you on that one. The retailer kept my bilstein box to put my old teraflex stabilizer in. I'll have to take a look at the part number on my receipt when I get home.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TmBtc12
I recently purchased a steering stabilizer relocation bracket along with a teraflex steering stabilizer for my 2007 Wrangler jk. Shortly after my install, the stabilizer started leaking fluid so I took it in on warranty. When I took it in, I decided to upgrade to a Bilstein 5100 stabilizer. My question is, will this stabilizer work with the JKS bracket? I tried to do the install myself but the rubber fitting on the stabilier does not fit onto the bracket. Is anybody running this combo? Please let me know what I can do.
I've got the same one but haven't put it on yet. I've also got a bilstein SS. I'll probably pull the bushing out (attempt) and fit it that way... There was just a thread on this a couple weeks ago, I'll try and hunt it down..
Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
I've got the same one but haven't put it on yet. I've also got a bilstein SS. I'll probably pull the bushing out (attempt) and fit it that way... There was just a thread on this a couple weeks ago, I'll try and hunt it down..
Thanks...I was thinking about trying to mod the bushing also....would love a link to that thread if you can find it. The metal sleeve is what keeps it from fitting on the bracket. I wanted to make sure i didn't get the wrong part before I tried to push metal sleeve out of the bushing.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

I'll check mine tomorrow, I can't remember if I took the bushing out or not.
If you haven't welded that jks bracket yet, you may want to get a different relocate bracket. I'll try to get some pics up of mine tomorrow. I've been meaning to post them up to show where the end of the stabilizer rubs the tierod. The freakin relocate pin is not high enough.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

The bilstein has a 5/8 ID. I believe its bigger than a stock stabilliser.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I originally had it bolted on but I just welded it yesterday. Guess I'm stuck with it for now haha. Back to the bushing...did anybody else running this combo have to remove it?

Quick Reply: Help with JKS steering stabilizer bracket