Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help !!!! Jeep wont start.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Surf
I have family in Tooele if you need me to get you a ride.

Another forum member is going to send me some pics in a last ditch effort to see if it'll start. So I'll be good for a bit. I'll try that one more time.

Edit, didn't work.

Last edited by xerofall; 03-05-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get under your jeep and hit your starter with a hammer a few times. Not the solenoid, and not crazy hard. If its your starter this will allow it to crank.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 PM
JK Junkie

ronjenx helped me trouble shoot that its not mechanical, its the computer. So tomorrow I will give Superchips a call, see if they can help, and then tow it to the dealership for costly repairs.

No idea how this happened, only the aux battery got disconnected. Should not have caused this.

I'm at a loss.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
JK Junkie

How much for a new computer?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 PM
JK Junkie

Crap, the more I read, the more that could be wrong, from a bad computer, to a bad TIPM, to bad connectors... I've done so much electrical crap to my Jeep I'm afraid to take it to the dealership because they'll want $$$ to fix it.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 PM
JK Super Freak

There is supposedly a module that you can pull on the fuse block that will reset the computer - I think it's block J13. Also, did you check your ground? Sometimes if a ground is corroded or dirty enough juice will go through to click the solenoid but not enough to turn over the starter.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you disconnect all the added electrical blocks, i.e for the second battery? If you can bypass that stuff to eliminate that possibility.... Just try hooking it back to stock config?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Stock config didn't work, leaving it all disconnected for the night didn't work. Called a tow truck to take it to the dealership.

Power is fine. Bypassing the computer to get the mechanical side worked, but it wouldn't start, only crank. So its the computer.

I have no idea if it had anything to do with the Superchips or not. When I called them they couldn't do anything for me over the phone. I need to have a computer with internet and the unit in hand. At my present location I can't do internet except over my phone, and I can't plug the programmer into my phone.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Good luck man - hope it turns out ok.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

They think it's a bad wireless control module. That would be why my key could not start the Jeep. That might also explain why my Superchips couldn't tell the ignition was on.

After Googling WCM I have read that it's a super common problem that a lot of people have had. Not sure if it's a warranty thing or not, my fear is all the aftermarket crap I've added (lights, winch, Superchips, dual batteries, etc) might be reason to charge me for everything.

I'm pretty good at researching and fixing things on my own, however with so many things that go wrong with Jeeps, it's hard to know for certain what the problem is.

Quick Reply: Help !!!! Jeep wont start.