Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!!!!! jeep shakes like crazy

Old 01-14-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!! jeep shakes like crazy

My dad was driving his jeep to work this morning when the the whole jeep started shaking and swaying violently. It start when he would get to 40mph and when he slowed to to 20mph it would eventually stop. it happen about 5 times. He does have a 2.5"bb by tf. It has been on his jeep for 9 months with no problems and he check once he got to work if the sway bar links or track bars bolts were loose and he checked to see if the spacers came unsitted on the springs and they did not. Tires are all balance by me a month ago. Any Ideas???

Dont know if this helps figure it out.
He washed his jeep yesterday and wiped it so it doesnt freeze. and he just got it back form the dealership bc they replaced the heater box/radiator.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DW strikes again, let the games begin
Old 01-14-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here you go
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ghlight=fixing

do what's been said there and you should be able to figure it out in no time.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Just something to think about, I was out playing in the snow (the last snow we had in PA about 2 weeks ago) and got snow packed in the back of my wheels and it melted a little from the heat from the brakes. Parked for the night and the next morning was on my way to work and HOLEY CRAP DW like I have never sean before, had no clue till i saw ice in the back of the wheels, chiped it out on the side of the road (was not fun) and all was fine after. Seeing as you live in PA and we just had some more snow and you said your dad washed the jeep maybe just maybe you have some ice in the back of your wheels it my be worth a look. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Junkie

This same EXACT thing happened to me a month ago. I have the same lift. That's what I thought it had to do with. But I was out playing in the snow and didn't think of it. But the stock rims filled up with snow. The next day I was driving on the highway. If I took it about 40-45 is would major shake and I couldn't hold onto the steering wheel. I was worried that I had bumper a tire out the previous day. Well later that day magically it was fine when I went home. It was all the snow and ice in my wheel.

I was so worried. But it turned out ok. I assume that's what happened to you.

Quick Reply: Help!!!!! jeep shakes like crazy