Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help, Im sagging...

Old 12-28-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Im sagging...

I ment my jeep!! 4 door with 2 inch budget boost which was great until LOD bumper and more winch than i will ever need was put on.... Front is starting to sag... I have rancho shocks but I think stock springs are crying! Do I have to go with $$ lift or is there a spring swap available.... Just want it where it was not a big lift.... Thanks JEEP folks
Old 12-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Zee
JK Freak

Maybe OME HD springs??
Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heavy duty front springs should help. Not sure of the manufacturer, but I'm sure someone else will chime in. Maybe try a search? Good luck.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

skyjacker has 2.5" front coils. or you could go with a 3/4" spacer on top of ur lift. i also say some 3" coils for sale on the forum.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

yup had the same problem after my mopar bumper and winch
gonna need to do a spring swap or stack a pair of 3/4" leveling spacers in the front with the boost.
I did a pair of 3" springs from a company I don't think I'm allowed to post the name of on here and it sits great.
If you check with the lift company, most of them use springs rated to give the stated amount of lift with a bumper/winch combo in place.
doing a BB, we just had the stock springs- which sagged under the added weight.
if you do another spacer - its the cheaper route BUT you're losing another 3/4" of suspension travel = bottom out on the bump stops more often.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

venom, you can post the name, just not a clickable link... mods if i'm wrong, feel free to correct me
Old 12-28-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

I'll give it a shot...
I used *************** 3" springs in front with my TF BB in back
Old 12-28-2007, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

nope it ***'s out the name
can't even mention some brands on here.
Also can't even PM with them
maybe this one...
POLYgons
PERFOMing
dANCEs
Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Depending upon the amount of sag (Which will get worse with time...), you might want to consider the following:

1) You HAVE coil spacers already...2" though, if getting a half inch back, going to a 2.5" Coils pacer might do it...for a while.

2) Your oem coils are going to get saggier with time....you need stronger coils......tipping point for you here...Do you want to just do a 3" SL with heavy duty coils?

I ask, because as long as you HAVE to buy coils anyway....and the point of the BB was to AVOID the cost of new coils....and you have a 4 dr...so 3" won't require anything significant really the BB didn't...maybe just get the coils you want, and do the 3" SL.

I'd think about further mods, like skids, a rear bumper, etc...and THEIR weight too...and then plan around the final build weight.

It might turn out that a regular 3" SL will settle to a lift height similar to what you had in mind...and compensate for the eventual weight of your rig. You can also get ACOS type spacers (JKS) that let you dial in the spacer heights to fine tune what you need....and I beleieve they have coil over versions to add some extra suspension support too.

Food for thought, depending upon whether it was total height, or budget, you are prioritizing around, etc.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

I installed 3" Full Traction coils on the front of mine, in place of the TF spacers. Brought the front up about an inch. I am running an LOD bumper, and a light weight T-max competition winch with synthetic line.

Quick Reply: Help, Im sagging...