Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help! I'm lopsided!!

Old 12-26-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I'm lopsided!!

I've just noticed that my Jeep is sitting lopsided. I measured everything and the right rear is sitting an inch + lower. The lift I have on it is just a Rubicon 2 1/2" spacer budget lift with the Rubicon shocks.

Where do I start looking?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a news

The aftermarket kit u put on has a part for the front and a part forthe back but is same from side to side so there is no compesation for the extra weight one side has over the other when u are not in driver seat. Cool huh
The gas tank and battery are on passenger side and the jeep counts on u to balance the load when u are in the jeep driver seat and jeep is moving

Most jeeps experience the lopesided look until u are in the jeep and moving to balance out the weight difference.

Last edited by Earth Siege; 12-26-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on what the man from Texas said
Old 12-26-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Okay, I can understand that BUT it wasn't lopsided before. This just happened in the last couple weeks.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at your rear springs, you may have over compressed one. Also check the spacers for possible cracking. Jk's do have a lean, something happened to over exagerrate yours if it just happened.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Thank you!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

ive got the same issue with my teraflex 2.5 coil lift...the right rear sits about 1/2 to 3/4 inch lower and the front sits about 1/2 inch lower..its been like that since the lift has been on. ive been thinking of just adding a small spacer to the right side springs
Old 12-27-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

I crawled underneath just now. First, both tires have the same pressure. Both springs look the same, I can't see any cracks in the spacer and I can't see anything else that would be obvious.

I know some of you don't mind the lopsided look but women already have to deal with one boob bigger than the other, I don't want the same look for my Jeep

I wonder if I need to upgrade my stock springs. I am carrying a lot of weight on the Jeep.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What weight are you carrying and where is it located? Is this stuff hard mounted or just things you have in the Jeep? Take it out or move it around and see if the balance shifts.

Quick Reply: Help! I'm lopsided!!