Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP! I need to know what size tire I can clear.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! I need to know what size tire I can clear.

I am about to install a rock krawler budget based long travel 1.75" lift on my jk and I need to know what size tires i can put on my stock sahara wheels.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Conventional wisdom is you can run up-to a 33" tire without a lift but that's really pushing the limits. Unfortunately if your running your stock wheels the lift you have isn't going to increase that a lot, but it will make 33" tires very comfortable. If you install/modify your fenders to flat fenders you may be able to fit 35s.

Depending on the width of those 33" tires though you may want to either replace the wheels with something that has a better backspace or install some spacers... if you tried to do the 35s you would definitely need spacers or new wheels.

If you don't want to change the wheels... or install spacers stick with 33" tires.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cowboy is correct. You will be able to clear 33's. 35's dont come into play until you go 2.5 - 3 inches
Old 05-22-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. I want to stick with 33s. i dont really want to go real high right now with gas prices and 3 small kids. i just want it to look a little tougher! i like the look of the stock wheels but i have considered having them powder coated black.

Quick Reply: HELP! I need to know what size tire I can clear.