Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help a girl out!!

Old 08-08-2015, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you change tires too? If so, maybe rubbing on the air dam?
Old 08-08-2015, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Stuck right to the top of this modified area is a good thread on general lift info. And if you go up to JK Writeups, stuck right to the top is a good thread on diagnosing dw/shimmy. (there is a great picture of the frontend components in this one). Reading those might be a good way to waste a few minutes. The noise happens every time you turn right? Only at certain speeds? Only while turning and hitting a dip or bump? What size tires are you running? Could they be rubbing on right turns? Or maybe a ujoint going bad? Unit bearing? Loose tire? Hard to say without a better description, we'll all just be guessing...
I'm pretty sure it's only when I turn or veer right...it's made the noise relatively consistently at different speeds...the tires I have on don't seem to be rubbing...I checked that...I have a feeling it might be a joint or bearing going bad...along with the rotator retaining clips not allowing the spacer to be flush..thanks for your input! I'll be double checking all of these
Old 08-08-2015, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiKing
Check everything you unconnected to install the leveling kit. Maybe a loose sway bar end link or a loose shock bolt.
Thanks I'll be checking everything!
Old 08-09-2015, 02:01 AM
JK Newbie

You may not have touch this item but if your track bar is not torqued to 125 pounds you will get a tension notice when turning. Just if you don't know. It's the bar with the bend in it, has a bolt and nut on each end. I just lifted mine and after driving it a notice started and it was the track bar. Good luck!
Old 08-09-2015, 02:35 AM
Former Member

Help a boy out. I thought there was no difference anymore. Except no girl holds a door open when I'm walking up with my arms full. OH WAS THAT MY OUT-LOUD VOICE? sorry so sorry I'm just a man.....Was 'Help a girl out' as a title any less incorrect? Dad was helping And yah, install a lift check everything twice-dad's job
Old 08-09-2015, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-09-2015, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Help a boy out. I thought there was no difference anymore. Except no girl holds a door open when I'm walking up with my arms full. OH WAS THAT MY OUT-LOUD VOICE? sorry so sorry I'm just a man.....Was 'Help a girl out' as a title any less incorrect? Dad was helping And yah, install a lift check everything twice-dad's job
If you go to your friendly Psychiatric center, I'm sure, no, I'm positive they will prescribe Xanax and anti-depressants for ya bro! Take a deep breath and relax....it gets better.....
Old 08-10-2015, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ItalianNut
You may not have touch this item but if your track bar is not torqued to 125 pounds you will get a tension notice when turning. Just if you don't know. It's the bar with the bend in it, has a bolt and nut on each end. I just lifted mine and after driving it a notice started and it was the track bar. Good luck!
There is definitely tension, thanks!
Old 08-10-2015, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
I doubt that clip is making a noise. Check your track bar for proper torque. If you didnt use a torque wrench on everything there is the potential for all kinds of problems.
x2. Track bar needs to be torqued to spec. I think it's 65lbs.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by A.W.D.eLussey
x2. Track bar needs to be torqued to spec. I think it's 65lbs.
125 ft-lbs. All four bolts (axle and frame, front and rear).

Quick Reply: Help a girl out!!