Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help a girl out!!

Old 08-07-2015, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a girl out!!

About two weeks ago my dad and I put in a teraflex leveling kit and 1.5" wheel spacers on my stock 2008 jeep jk wrangler. Was I suppose to replace or change something else? Because now there is a strange noise from my front left tire when I turn the jeep to the right. It's almost done like a tension noise...I really wish I knew how to explain it better....I've had an alignment and tire rotation and the noise is still there.... I wish I knew more about the mechanics of the jeep...I'm learning as I go! Thanks for your help!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

did you remove the rotor retaining clips before you put the spacers on? check and make sure that everything is tight
Old 08-07-2015, 04:32 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unlimited12
did you remove the rotor retaining clips before you put the spacers on? check and make sure that everything is tight
Yeah I would double-check the spacers (re-torque/tighten) and make sure those clips are off first...
Old 08-07-2015, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by unlimited12
I'm going to go with no on this because I don't remember removing anything before we put on the spacers...
Old 08-07-2015, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Yeah I would double-check the spacers (re-torque/tighten) and make sure those clips are off first...
I'll be doing that tomorrow
Old 08-07-2015, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jkx1113
I'll be doing that tomorrow
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1964996733.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	620766

A photo for reference.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I doubt that clip is making a noise. Check your track bar for proper torque. If you didnt use a torque wrench on everything there is the potential for all kinds of problems.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
I doubt that clip is making a noise. Check your track bar for proper torque. If you didnt use a torque wrench on everything there is the potential for all kinds of problems.
true but if the clips are still on they won't allow the spacer to sit flush with the rotor and tight
Old 08-07-2015, 05:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkx1113
I wish I knew more about the mechanics of the jeep...I'm learning as I go!
Stuck right to the top of this modified area is a good thread on general lift info. And if you go up to JK Writeups, stuck right to the top is a good thread on diagnosing dw/shimmy. (there is a great picture of the frontend components in this one). Reading those might be a good way to waste a few minutes.

The noise happens every time you turn right? Only at certain speeds? Only while turning and hitting a dip or bump? What size tires are you running? Could they be rubbing on right turns? Or maybe a ujoint going bad? Unit bearing? Loose tire? Hard to say without a better description, we'll all just be guessing...
Old 08-07-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check everything you unconnected to install the leveling kit. Maybe a loose sway bar end link or a loose shock bolt.

Quick Reply: Help a girl out!!