Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help! Gears installed now Jeep will not turn & major lift issues.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:30 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

yeah, you will need to trim the pinch seam or adjust your lower control arms so that they are a bit longer. for me, i just pulled out the sawzall.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like I will be cutting. Thanks guys!!!! So for the front its probably the track bar needs adjusting? I guess my installer just sucks!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Twisty101
I guess my installer just sucks!
You may be on to something.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey twisty check out this write up, its the same lift except 3inch. Tells you how to adjust the track bars and control arms. I'd make your shop read it and fix it right

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 05-24-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help! I have printed out both how too's and will take to the installer. Hopefully everythig works out ok or it looks like I will be looking for a new installer in the Houston area.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

If you need another install shop ask here. There are several members from the Houston area.

Lone Star State
Old 05-25-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Robar Thanks alot. I left the installer a message last night waiting on a response if he can not get it resolved I am going to have him place the stockers on and I will drive it to another installer.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont threaten him with going to another installer, make him fix his own work. Bug the snot out of him and make a big deal until he fixes the problem he screwed up. Better Business Buraeu is there for a reason.

http://welcome.bbb.org/

Make him work for the money he stole from you. Confrontation... its a way of life for some people (ME) Make this guy sorry he screwed you over.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Dont threaten him with going to another installer, make him fix his own work. Bug the snot out of him and make a big deal until he fixes the problem he screwed up. Better Business Buraeu is there for a reason.

http://welcome.bbb.org/

Make him work for the money he stole from you. Confrontation... its a way of life for some people (ME) Make this guy sorry he screwed you over.
The problem is that the installer appears to be incapable of installing it correctly. I wouldn't want him to keep working with it until it "fits". Who knows what you will end up with.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chukronos
The problem is that the installer appears to be incapable of installing it correctly. I wouldn't want him to keep working with it until it "fits". Who knows what you will end up with.
EXACTLY I would give him a chance to get it right but after that you cant FORCE someone who is incompetent to get it right. Exactly why I didnt bring my jeep back to the same shop after givng them a chance to find out why my gears were whining, a few thousand later and I will have my jeep back in working order again and I will see them in court, dont know if I will win but my jeep will be fixed right

Quick Reply: Help! Gears installed now Jeep will not turn & major lift issues.