Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with gears

Old 11-23-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with gears

I have a 2012 JK with the 3.6 manual 6 speed and 3.73 gears. In the near future I plan on moving up from 33s to 37s and I know I have to regear. My question is what gears would get me back to the factory rpms. Thanks for any help Charlie
Old 11-23-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat, '12 with a 6speed. After a bunch of deliberation, I had decided on 4.56 because I never planned on going more then 35"s. Now I'm picking up a Dana 44 front, and really debating going with 4.88 instead. Looking forward to seeing some input.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember, bigger tires means more rotational inertia - you should think about going a little deeper than just matching RPM. so if a 4.10 matches original RPM, think about a 4.56 or 4.88. It will also prep you should you choose to go to even bigger (it's gonna happen) tires.

Quick Reply: Help with gears