Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!!!!! Flashcal limp mode

Old 07-16-2023, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!! Flashcal limp mode

Tire and wheel upgrades last weekend, my Speedo was 10mph fast since purchasing, so when I upgraded to 285s (32.75) it was still off by the same amount, Ordered a Flashcal and flashed to correct the speedo, now it will not Shift out of first gear, throws codes for wrong second gear ratio, and another trans code. I’ve tried to reflash to stock settings and it will not shift or go back to stock setting, is it in some limp mode or what. Help me out
Old 07-16-2023, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 410 Likes on 385 Posts

Welcome to JKF. Have you disconnected the battery? If no.. do so and do it for 30-60 minutes.. many times this re-sets the PCM and other onboard computers.
Old 07-17-2023, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome to JKF. Have you disconnected the battery? If no.. do so and do it for 30-60 minutes.. many times this re-sets the PCM and other onboard computers.
yes I have, over night, ground to hot, and disconnected battery headlights on and brake pedal depressed for three mins, I was on with Superchips for 1.5 hours and got no where, dropping off with the dealership later

Quick Reply: Help!!!!! Flashcal limp mode