Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP, Drive shaft issue

Old 03-30-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Look around for a used Rubi 4:1 tcase before you dump a bunch of money into yours
Good idea. Thanks... Will keep you all posted
Old 04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

Ok, so to revive an old thread... Here's the latest on what's going on... again, any thoughts are appreciated... even the sarcastic ones...

So, here's my sob story, again... I replaced front drive line, still had sound doming from what I thought was the transfer case. Cracked open t-case, all good, no issues in t-case. However, I did find that I cracked the exhaust manifold in half and had a leaky seal in the tranny; since this month is registration month and I need to pass emissions and inspection, I had the manifold and the seal replaced. Still no word on what might have been making the clicking noise.

So, I'm picking up the jeep today and I will probably still have the clicking noise... If I do... and I'm pretty sure I will... I think I'm just going to sit down and shoot the damn thing, just like in the days of the old west.

I'll post later when I pick up the jeep and let you all know if I still have an issue...
Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Ok, I know you have all been waiting to hear the end result, so here it is. I finally got smart and was able to get my jeep in to Teraflex. With the time constraint I put on Teraflex, they were able to diagnose that I definitely had a t-case problem but with EJS around the corner, they didn't think they could pull it apart, diagnose the problem, order parts and have it ready for EJS.

So, the solution was put in a used t-case that Joe (from TF) just happened to have. Got JK back day before we went to Moab and she performed flawlessly. Now I have a t-case sitting at home that is doing me no good but I'm going to try and at least part it out... or maybe get it fixed and keep as an extra.

BIG THANKS to TERAFLEX... Great customer service!!!

Quick Reply: HELP, Drive shaft issue