Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help Developed Vibration at Low RPMs After 3 Inch Lift

Old 04-14-2016, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Developed Vibration at Low RPMs After 3 Inch Lift

Need help chasing down this vibration i developed after adding a 3inch lift to my JKU. The vibration only happens under 40 mph and when the jeep is at 1500 RPMs. I have installed AEV's front control arm brackets also when I installed the lift and immediately developed this vibration. I have no idea where its coming from. I should mention I originally added a 2.5 in spring lift from teraflex and then I added a 1/2 in spacer to the lift to make it 3 inches. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Could be a number of different things. Suggest you search the forum for "planman death wobble checklist". It has step-by-step procedures for isolating all manner of vibrations. One question: All control arm/trackbar hardware was loose until vehicle was fully on ground before torquing to spec, right?
Old 04-14-2016, 11:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Fill in your profile if you get a chance.

2door or 4door? How much 'actual' lift height did you get from the coils? It isn't all that uncommon to for people to report an extra inch (or more), depending on vehicle weight. My first thought was driveshaft angle, but as Mark mentioned, that deathwobble writeup is a great resource.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Could be a number of different things. Suggest you search the forum for "planman death wobble checklist". It has step-by-step procedures for isolating all manner of vibrations. One question: All control arm/trackbar hardware was loose until vehicle was fully on ground before torquing to spec, right?
Thanks I will define tell check that out.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Fill in your profile if you get a chance.

2door or 4door? How much 'actual' lift height did you get from the coils? It isn't all that uncommon to for people to report an extra inch (or more), depending on vehicle weight. My first thought was driveshaft angle, but as Mark mentioned, that deathwobble writeup is a great resource.
4 door, as for actual lift height have to check. Not really weighted down, I have a warn bumper and winch upfront and a full size spare on the back. Just signed up for the forum so I will get around to filling out my bio soon.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
My first thought was driveshaft angle
Mine as well...or something loose.

Last edited by 14Sport; 04-14-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport

Mine as well...or something loose.
Went and checked all the control arm bolts to find one very loose. Tightened that and tried a lower setting on the control arm brackets and now the sound is gone.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good news and good find.

Quick Reply: Help Developed Vibration at Low RPMs After 3 Inch Lift