Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help deciding on a rear license plate mount with XRC Armor

Old 09-07-2016, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help deciding on a rear license plate mount with XRC Armor

Hi folks. I usually don't ask these kind of questions, but I'm having a hard time so j figure even if people post pics of what they did it may help. I just recently picked up some XRC fender armor and some body armor doors. I love that full metal jacket look . I was about to drill the armor for the stock plastic plate mount when I decided I needed to slow down and see if I could come up with a custom idea that fits a full metal jacket look or at least replace it with a warrior product. I am not opposed to the spare tire mount, but I really like my wheel exposed so I can see it... Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome. I have searched till I can't stand it anymore. I don't have any fabrication tools so I can't make one, really looking for an off the shelf or used custom setup. I am still trying to get the fender liners wrapped up, I can see myself replacing these as well for some EVO or ACE liners in the future... the back is OK, the front... is kind of lame... Anyway thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JKUXRC.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	656260  

Last edited by myrddin; 09-08-2016 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I put on the plate holder today... easy install. I ran it inline with the 3rd brake light wire through the grommet in the tailgate and I popped off the wire cover and vent and ran the wire across and through the wire loom. I was able to t-tap the ground and third brake light right above the speaker (could have tapped them inside the tailgate too if I wanted (black and red to black and white with brown trace). I ran an extra wire from where the harness drops into the tail light to green (white with purple trace). I threw some tape on it and was good... I usually prefer to solder... so it may get redone later on... becides I had to use black wire to tap the white/purple... it should at least be green (OCD)...

Thank you all for the recommendation. Do you put a lock or anything on the mount so it can't be taken off? I'm sure it's fine.

[U

RL=http://s646.photobucket.com/user/myrddin_photo/media/E2E866C2-6031-4FA4-8EEC-46FDC72B1B96_zpsbspkrqie.jpg.html][/URL]

Also I still have my rigged up light I had when I tossed on the terraflex HD tire mount:
Back view

Quick Reply: Help deciding on a rear license plate mount with XRC Armor