Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help decidin which lift.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help decidin which lift.

i am ready to get a suspension lift... however i am not sure which size to get. I hear getting a 4" with 35's is too much on the back axel and would need a linkage for the drive shaft, so what else would i need to do besides just getting the lift

or should i just stay with the 3 inch lift and 33's? any to all suggestions are welcom.

I am just wanna beef it up a little and do some trailing in the rockies.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

~ not sure what you mean about linkage for the driveshaft? Unless you mean adjustable upper control arms to get the pinion angle correct?

A 3" lift is plenty for 35's. I have 33's with mine at the moment (until they wear out) and there is TONS of room to get 35's in there. Personally i wouldnt go higher than the 3" so as to keep my COG as low as possible, while allowing the 35's to fully flex out.

That was my whole goal with my 3" Teraflex lift. Full flex but not to high (I know i could have gone 2.5 but with a friends 35's bolted onto my 2" BB i had originally it was just TO close & the back rubbed a little)

Just my 2 pennies.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 04-22-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a 3" kit will give you enough clearance. you can always chop the fenders / trim a little if needed. i had a 4" with 35's and it was great as well, but i would highly recommend springing for the adjustable control arms whichever way you decide to go. i think with the 3" you will be less likely to need a new driveshaft. what brand are you looking at?? i love the ride quality of my rubicon express and have had no issues with it so far, but it is the longarm. i cannot vouch for the short arm versions. good luck.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind that one companies 4" is another companies 3". A TeraFlex 3" works great with 35's and even 37's on a 4dr. On a 2dr it's almost a 5".
Old 04-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the only time i ever get to say i have 3" like I am proud of it, and in actuality have closer to 5".

...usually my math is backwards.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend you read everything you can find on this forum about lifts. Many have walked the same path as you, and knowledge is power. You don't want to wind up with a kit you're unhappy with. My advice: slow down and arm yourself with information.

Quick Reply: help decidin which lift.