Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with decesions!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with decesions!

So I got a 09 2 door auto it's my dd and i have only wheeled it once but plan in wheeling a lot more after lifting it and tire change out. Just came into 2500 dollars. I want to get the FT 3in premium plus lift kit. So now here is the kicker. Should I go ahead and get new rims and tires with what's left (would be level 8 strike 5s and Toyo mt) or should I use the money to get DS, flashpaq, and tire carrier? Right now I have 265/70r18 big o big foots for my stock height. Just need help choosing between the options on what is more useful?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Anybody got any opinions for me?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lift it and see how it looks with the current tires especially if they have good tread. Wear those suckers out. You have a two door so im pretty sure you will need a drive shafts. So my suggestion is to buy the parts you will need the soonest.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by flounder
Lift it and see how it looks with the current tires especially if they have good tread. Wear those suckers out. You have a two door so im pretty sure you will need a drive shafts. So my suggestion is to buy the parts you will need the soonest.
I think 3in lift will make 32s look super small an ridiculous. But I know I need DS and all that for the lift and the extra stuff for 35s.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not just just keep saving and do the lift, tires and driveshafts at once?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

How long will a be able to go without DS?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tapp
How long will a be able to go without DS?
No one knows that answer. Some people have the front driveshaft break on the first time they go full flex, others after six months. From what it sounds like the front is a crapshoot that will inevitably break. The stock rear driveshaft appears to have a longer life than the front, but it will wear out eventually as well.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by open_speed

No one knows that answer. Some people have the front driveshaft break on the first time they go full flex, others after six months. From what it sounds like the front is a crapshoot that will inevitably break. The stock rear driveshaft appears to have a longer life than the front, but it will wear out eventually as well.
Thanks for the answer.

Quick Reply: Help with decesions!