Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help choosing bumpers

Old 10-31-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RDakota
Thanks. I'm starting to loook at the RR also. I like to look of the LOD but the price is higher than I want to go.
Everybody is pretty much going to vote for the one that they bought, even me. I know that the JK bumpers are expensive but you do get what you pay for in most things (refering to life not the TJ vs JK parts thing).

I have the exp. one. front and rear and was very impressed with both, very stout but not overly heavy. I do like the look of the LOD mid width and the built in backup lights in the rear bumper are very nice. I was looking at the LOD when I was deciding, did not like the height of the front bumper at the time and was made a little less robust than the exp. one. A guy just posted his 40th birthday gift of both LODs... very nice indeed.

Here is a pic of mine, think long and hard before you just make a call on budget conserns, make sure what you want first.

Note: I do have a 1 inch body lift, i'm running 35s and there is no way the tires will touch the bumper.

and with the addition of the rubi skid makes a very tight package upfront.

Last edited by toymaster; 10-31-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the rampage recovery for the looks and the price, under 550$ shipped.do a google for "Rampage Recovery Front Bumper With Stinger For 2007-09 Jeep JK"
Old 10-31-2009, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

I have the RR modular front bumper with the end caps and center loop. The install was easy (I did it by myself with a winch) and you can pull the end caps if you ever get into some serious trails. My tires (33s) only rub when I am disconnected and turning off camber. I trimmed abut 1.5" off the back of the end caps and it has pretty much stopped rubbing unless I go on the more difficult trails (then I just take the end caps off).
Old 12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 8000ft
I really like the rampage recovery for the looks and the price, under 550$ shipped.do a google for "Rampage Recovery Front Bumper With Stinger For 2007-09 Jeep JK"
Call 4wd Hardware - free shipping right now AND they'll work on the price listed on the web!
Old 12-07-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

320.95 shipped at autobarn. Quadratec will price match as do a lot of carriers.

HXD Modular winch bumper.

Goodluck. Mine is in the mail.

Quick Reply: Help choosing bumpers