Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help choosing 2.5 lift for 2010 JKU? procomp vs terflex

Old 11-10-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing 2.5 lift for 2010 JKU? procomp vs terflex

Hello to all. I'm new to the forum ( from the seattle area) and I have to say that it has been awesome reading the different posts, reviews and pics. There is alot of great information which has been very helpful for me in deciding what i want to do to my jeep. I finally registered and currenlty figuring out the forum.

I'm looking to do a 2.5 lift on my 2010 JKU. Any thoughts on the procomp or teraflex suspension lift. I appreciate you input.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Majic10JK
Hello to all. I'm new to the forum ( from the seattle area) and I have to say that it has been awesome reading the different posts, reviews and pics. There is alot of great information which has been very helpful for me in deciding what i want to do to my jeep. I finally registered and currenlty figuring out the forum.

I'm looking to do a 2.5 lift on my 2010 JKU. Any thoughts on the procomp or teraflex suspension lift. I appreciate you input.
I would say on this forum, most folks would be very heavily pro Teraflex. Seems to be the most complete kit at that size and for that price.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

I've went through this with my '12, and decided on Teraflex. Their customer service and build quality are excellent, according to reviews and comments here.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup...so since my last post I have ordered the TF 2.5" kit with Bilstein shocks. They are on back order, but will be well worth it!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by curtisc19
Yup...so since my last post I have ordered the TF 2.5" kit with Bilstein shocks. They are on back order, but will be well worth it!
if you're going to do any sort of wheeling flexing the rear you need to get a 0.5" coil spacer/guide for the rear if you're going to use the bilstein shocks. the bilsteins at full droop are longer than the TF coils and therefore your coils may pop out, i was in the same situation and did not want to run the spacers so i decided to go with the teraflex shocks as i've read good things about them too. in addition if you have a 2012 you need to push the crossover back with teraflex exhaust spacers or a y pipe from afe.

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...ndividual.html
mods please remove link if i've violated any forum rules
Old 11-10-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

I know you didn't ask, but I couldn't be happier with the Rock Krawler 2.5" lift.

Quick Reply: Help choosing 2.5 lift for 2010 JKU? procomp vs terflex