Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help:Which chip works best for a 2008 JK

Old 08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help:Which chip works best for a 2008 JK

I want to get a chip for my Jeep and was wondering which one is the best to buy?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Do you mean programmer? Chips don't offer much as far as performance. Look at a programmer like Superchips that will actually give increased performance and calibration features
Old 08-12-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

I have the superchip programmer. It does alot and I like it. IMHO the only other one out there that is better is the bullydog, just wasn't available when I got mine
Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Superchip Flashpaq 3875
Old 08-13-2012, 12:25 AM
JK Freak

Yeah, go with the Superchips programmer. I think what you're asking about is something like the Jet Performance Module chips, right? They "offer" more horsepower and better fuel economy by simply plugging it in to your vehicle, they aren't worth the $300-400 they cost for the amount of "performance" they offer, especially if you have heavily modified your rig and added a lot of weight.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EDOCON
I want to get a chip for my Jeep and was wondering which one is the best to buy?
I have a Superchips (Vivid Linq), and I haven't noticed any gains on a 87 tune (haven't tried others yet). So if you're thinking it's going to turn your Jeep into a beast, you'll be greatly disappointed. However, it does have other nice features, like gauges to monitor what is happening to your Jeep in real time. You may or may not need that, but to me it is very useful when I want to understand/diagnose something.

Quick Reply: Help:Which chip works best for a 2008 JK