Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help! Check engine light-H65535

Old 07-28-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Check engine light-H65535

I've searched and found no explanation for this code (H65535). I added an on-board compressor (ARB) yesterday. I also accidentally drained the battery by leaving the key on. It drives fine but the check engine light and air bag light are on. The air bag light came on about a week ago. whereas the CEL came on yesterday.

I have an '08 Unlimited with a little over 37K miles. I do have a flashpaq but that programming has been used for almost two months with no problems. the only other "performance" mod I have made is a drop-in KN filter. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

There is something wrong with the code you posted.
It does not appear in the factory service manual.
This code does not come up with a Google search.
In an explanation of the OBD II codes, none starts with "H", and yours has 6 places, whereas all the codes I found have only 5 places.

Some one else had this code about a year ago. No resolution was posted.

Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
There is something wrong with the code you posted.
It does not appear in the factory service manual.
This code does not come up with a Google search.
In an explanation of the OBD II codes, none starts with "H", and yours has 6 places, whereas all the codes I found have only 5 places.

Some one else had this code about a year ago. No resolution was posted.

Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order.

Thanks for your quick response. I did see that older post and your response. The obtained this code from the odometer readout. I understand it is an odd code but that is what came up. I noticed in my searches that it has come up in various other Chrysler products as well. I have yet to see a resolution though. I was hoping someone here would know. If not, I may have to breakdown and go to the dealer.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Let us know what you find out, if you go to the dealer.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

looks like this thread has gone into this before maybe some help there:

hxxp://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?142740-Engine-Light-with-H65535-code
Old 07-28-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you attempted unplugging your battery for about 10 minutes to reset the ECU? I would try this first before heading to the dealer, if the CEL code comes back after that then I would go in. If it goes away then my guess is your ECU is seeing the compressor and is confused by it.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for all the replies so far. I did not try to disconnect the battery. However, I also noticed that my change oil light was (still) on. I of course regularly change my oil, I just usually ignore the odometer warning. Long story short, I reset that warning, started the Jeep and the other lights (both the CEL and airbag)went away....strange but for now they are gone. I will drive it today and see if they come back. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just wanted to update this thread. My CEL did not return. so it would appear that it was somehow related to me not resetting the change oil warning...I have a flashpaq. so for good measure I checked and cleared the codes this morning after resetting the oil warning. After driving all day everything seems fine with no warning lights whatsoever. thanks to all for your assistance.

Quick Reply: Help! Check engine light-H65535