Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP!!!!!! Check Engine light on

Old 06-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencer4336
Ya i am a very loyal customer i have bought 2 brand new jeeps from them and i recently had a problem with my steering input shaft and they were going to fix it even though i have a pretty modified jeep.

Also my jeep dealership buys brand new jeeps and get them modded on 35's, so that may be a good for me
Very good thing!! Sounds like they will treat you right!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

I'll take my jeep to autozone tomorrow and I will try and get the code and I will PM it to you and we can go from there thanks for the help
Old 06-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor

I'll take my jeep to autozone tomorrow and I will try and get the code and I will PM it to you and we can go from there thanks for the help
Sounds good. We are always around to help!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They will most likely take care of you no problem. They get paid for any work they do by Chrystler so the more warranty fixes they do the more money the get. Basicially if its something they think they can fix easy and charge Chryster a lot of money for, they will jump on it. The fact its throwing a code leads me to think it will be something they fix pretty fast since they will know exactly where the problem is coming from.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hypeiv
They will most likely take care of you no problem. They get paid for any work they do by Chrystler so the more warranty fixes they do the more money the get. Basicially if its something they think they can fix easy and charge Chryster a lot of money for, they will jump on it. The fact its throwing a code leads me to think it will be something they fix pretty fast since they will know exactly where the problem is coming from.
The code doesn't tell them the exact problem. It gets them close and then they need to perform the diagnostic work to determine the correct repair.

Dealers actually hate fixing things under warranty because they get paid less than they would if they were able to charge the customer. Chrysler dictates how much they get paid on each warranty item. Chrysler will not pay them full price for the part used so the dealer does not make as much as they could have in that aspect. Chrysler also shorts them on the amount of hours they are able to bill.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
The code doesn't tell them the exact problem. It gets them close and then they need to perform the diagnostic work to determine the correct repair.

Dealers actually hate fixing things under warranty because they get paid less than they would if they were able to charge the customer. Chrysler dictates how much they get paid on each warranty item. Chrysler will not pay them full price for the part used so the dealer does not make as much as they could have in that aspect. Chrysler also shorts them on the amount of hours they are able to bill.
I agree that the code doesn't tell them exactly... but its much better than trying to get warranty work for an intermited problem or strange noise coming from an unknown location that will take them hours to diagnose.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Looks like its a P06DD - Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit Stuck Off........Sounds like fun:(
Old 06-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hypeiv
I agree that the code doesn't tell them exactly... but its much better than trying to get warranty work for an intermited problem or strange noise coming from an unknown location that will take them hours to diagnose.
Completely agree that intermittent issues are a nightmare.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor

Looks like its a P06DD - Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit Stuck Off........Sounds like fun:(
Replied to your PM.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!! Check Engine light on