Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP!!!!!! Check Engine light on

Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!! Check Engine light on

I was driving down the road in my 2012 JKU and all the sudden it felt like my jeep went into neutral and I lost all power and this happened about 5 times with 2 minutes and then a check engine light turned on what should I tell the dealership and what do you guys think is wrong???
Old 06-18-2013, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Automatic transmission? Could be a number of things. Pulling the CEL code can greatly narrow the differential diagnosis here.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dfw6er
Automatic transmission? Could be a number of things. Pulling the CEL code can greatly narrow the differential diagnosis here.
Automatic trans and I tried getting the codes by doing the key turn "on" 3 times in row but that's for some reason wouldn't throw up a code.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencer4336
Automatic trans and I tried getting the codes by doing the key turn "on" 3 times in row but that's for some reason wouldn't throw up a code.
Throw the keys at the dealer. It's still under warranty, right?

You can pull the CEL code with a scan tool, but it probably won't be of much use. Also, you don't want to clear the code before it goes to the dealer, so they can verify that the code is set and do something appropriate like fix it, instead of tell you they can't repeat the problem and to come see them again if/when it happens again
Old 06-18-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Yep it's still under warranty and the check engine light just turned off I got a pic of the dash but that's probably not going to be any use for the dealer now:(
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1636892571.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	469482  
Old 06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor

Swing by your local Autozone. They typically scan a car for free and will give you the codes. Once you get the codes PM us and we will walk you through the diag.

If your rig is not modified at all and still under warranty they will be able to help you out. If it is modified they might tell you sorry but warranty is void (although it shouldn't be).

To help prevent you from being taken advantage of give us the codes and we will tell you the steps involved in the diag.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor

Yep it's still under warranty and the check engine light just turned off I got a pic of the dash but that's probably not going to be any use for the dealer now:(
Even though the CEL is not currently on the Computer will store the code. As mentioned in our previous post get the codes scanned by Autozone and let us know so we can help you out.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
Swing by your local Autozone. They typically scan a car for free and will give you the codes. Once you get the codes PM us and we will walk you through the diag.

If your rig is not modified at all and still under warranty they will be able to help you out. If it is modified they might tell you sorry but warranty is void (although it shouldn't be).

To help prevent you from being taken advantage of give us the codes and we will tell you the steps involved in the diag.
Okay thanks I will try and get the codes tomorrow from autozone and yes my jeep is modified (3.5" lift, 35's.....etc)
Old 06-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor

Okay thanks I will try and get the codes tomorrow from autozone and yes my jeep is modified (3.5" lift, 35's.....etc)
Have you been a loyal customer to the specific dealer you are planning on taking your Jeep? If you purchased it from them and have had them perform some of the service the dealer will likely work with you. If you are just some guy off the streets to them then they will likely tell you that your warranty is voided.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
Have you been a loyal customer to the specific dealer you are planning on taking your Jeep? If you purchased it from them and have had them perform some of the service the dealer will likely work with you. If you are just some guy off the streets to them then they will likely tell you that your warranty is voided.

Ya i am a very loyal customer i have bought 2 brand new jeeps from them and i recently had a problem with my steering input shaft and they were going to fix it even though i have a pretty modified jeep.

Also my jeep dealership buys brand new jeeps and get them modded on 35's, so that may be a good for me

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!! Check Engine light on