Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP - CAN'T SLEEP UNTIL I FIX A PROBLEM installing a 2.5 lift....

Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great perseverance and Kudos to another JKer for helping out. I love it when a plan comes together
Old 05-24-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad you got it all finished up! Now post some pics with the new meats. If you have any other issues holler at me
Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Great thread. Kudus to all those who gave advice, and to the OP for getting it done!

For anyone (like me) who is planning an install like this one, the digital camera is your friend. Take lots of shots from different angles before and during dis-assembly. Then, when re-assembling everything you can check what you are doing against the way things were originally located.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Updated Pics

Been away from the forums resting up and enjoying the long weekend... finally got some pics of the finished product to show you guys. Enjoy.

Here's the before (stock everything):

Here's the after (2.5" AEV XT and 315/70R17s on Argent Pintlers):

I've been away all weekend for a wedding and haven't had much driving time, but so far, so good.

Again, can't thank everyone enough for all the help during the install. Definitely wouldn't have been able to get through it without y'all.

-Eric
Old 05-28-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

Looks great!!! Now it looks like what a Jeep should look like..lol. I just did my install too. You should think about adding the control arm drop brackets....my ride is awesome with them.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rtguy1
Looks great!!! Now it looks like what a Jeep should look like..lol. I just did my install too. You should think about adding the control arm drop brackets....my ride is awesome with them.

Thanks! Saw yours as well- really like those Savegre's. Control arm brackets are sitting in the garage and should go on next week, glad to hear you're liking them.

Quick Reply: HELP - CAN'T SLEEP UNTIL I FIX A PROBLEM installing a 2.5 lift....