Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP - CAN'T SLEEP UNTIL I FIX A PROBLEM installing a 2.5 lift....

Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What time are you going to be working on it?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scott08X
What time are you going to be working on it?

Baby just fell asleep so I've got 20-30 minutes at most. Otherwise, wife gets home at 5 and I can devote the rest of the night to it.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sent u a pm
Old 05-23-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like I need a new sway bar end link?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You should just go ahead and order some quick disconnects if you'll be off roading at all
Old 05-23-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe when u forced the steering wheel something bent.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Do you have wheel spacers for your stock wheels? If not, you may have clearance issues with the sway bar links. Also, you can use a ratchet strap to get the axle centered. The shocks are gas charged and you can just compress them into position on the mount or use a large screwdriver for leverage. Quick disconnects are a good idea.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ealive
Looks like I need a new sway bar end link?

I should still have my stock links somewhere if you want them for free and just pay for the shipping they're yours.

BUT i would just get quick discos at this point as prev. mentioned. JKS are great and adjustable for the right height
Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rough_Country
Yes indeed your sway bar is upside down. When you lowered the jeep to the ground the links pushed it down towards the ground instead of up. I've had quite a few trouble calls with this happening. Disconect your axle bolt on the sway bar the jack it back up and flip it back up. On our sway bar lknk page there is a animated gif taht shows the position the sway bar should be seen in. sway bar pic Follow that link it should give you a good visual.
A noob question- is the sway bar one piece? Just wondering if I'll have to disconnect more than just the axle bolt to flip it. I'm sure I'll find out once I get under there..

Originally Posted by GulfCoastJeeper
You should just go ahead and order some quick disconnects if you'll be off roading at all
Was thinking the same thing. Just dropped serious coin on tools, wheels, lift, etc. though so I'll have to put it on the back burner for now.

Originally Posted by river2c
Do you have wheel spacers for your stock wheels? If not, you may have clearance issues with the sway bar links. Also, you can use a ratchet strap to get the axle centered.
No spacers, didn't think that I would need them with the stock wheels / tires... I've got 315 Duratracs and pintlers waiting to go on, so it would only be an issue for the drive to the tire store.

Originally Posted by MotiCross
I should still have my stock links somewhere if you want them for free and just pay for the shipping they're yours.
I'll take you up on that offer. PM coming.

Also- since I muscled the trackbar into place, and the wheels are turning again, do I still have an issue with the axle? Or am I good to go once I address the upside down sway bar?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

4wp in Austin usually has JKS disconnects in stock if you need them quicker than waiting for shipping

Quick Reply: HELP - CAN'T SLEEP UNTIL I FIX A PROBLEM installing a 2.5 lift....