Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with Bike Rack

Old 02-14-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Bike Rack

I need to find a source for some 7/8" x 7/8" x 1/16" thick wall square steel tubing. I need to replace the cradles on my tire mounted bike rack. Apparently 7/8 x 7/8 is an odd size plus no one wants to sale me 2 24" pieces. I think the the 7/8" is 0.875 in fractional size but I don't know how wall thickness is numbered I just know it's 1/16" I'd appreciate any help.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

7/8x7/8 "thin wall"square tube comes in most common sizes of .035-.049-.065-.083. All should be readily available at a steal supply store, Most likely in 10 or 20 foot lengths. If you want something shorter try steal scrap yards in your area. But I'd buy 10 foot stick... And you want have to hunt for it again.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Try someone that makes or sells pontoon boat bimini tops. I believe they are square tube 7/8". Good luck. Someone like jamestown distributors or overtons - is it ok to list non jeep companies...
Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Yeah, so long as they aren't blacklisted and you don't direct link to them
This is correct, and for members who are in doubt, this is straight from FAQ........

Can I post links or contact information to Manufacturers and/or Vendors who are not sponsors of this forum?
Contrary to what many seem to think, JK-Forum.com and it's sister sites Project-JK.com and MY.Project-JK.com didn't just magically appear on the internet and if it weren't for the help and support of our sponsors, they simply wouldn't exist. And, while we do encourage the open discussion of all products being manufactured or services being offered for the Jeep JK Wrangler, we do not allow contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses or direct links back to manufacturers or vendor unless they are a sponsor of Project-JK.com. Needless to say, any posts containing such information will be edited accordingly.

Also, concerning blacklisted companies and such, see here......
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/faq....#faq_blacklist

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/faq....q_whyblacklist

Last edited by mkjeep; 02-14-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bike Rack

Yeah, I've been to all of the Metal/Steel shops, fabricating, etc. Also called several places out of state, no one wants to sell small amounts not even 10 ft lengths. I need this specific size so the plastic cradles will fit tight on the steel tube. Next option will be junk yard. Thanks, and keep me posted if anyone finds a source.

Quick Reply: Help with Bike Rack