Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help asap!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazyhorse02
I installed a jks trackbar and tf stabilizer, it went away until now..
EXACTLY.....BECAUSE THE BOLTS LOOSEND UP!!!

Save yourself a lot of time and money....tell them to tighten all the bolts make sure your track bar mount is not cracked, steering stabilizer is not leaking..Give them a $20 for their time and be on your way!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang guys such hostility for the mechanics! lol...all in all i got here..the alignment was way out of whack...when the info first popped on the screen the guys all gathered around and were amazed on how bad it was..i know i need adj arms! but they put the bolts in and I dont think they cut anything? (Im not too knowledgeable about the bolts.) but after the bolts and a alignment..presto! 428 miles with no shimmy or wobble..idk maybe i got lucky, arms are on the way though..now the question is which ones?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brent_f70
EXACTLY.....BECAUSE THE BOLTS LOOSEND UP!!!

Save yourself a lot of time and money....tell them to tighten all the bolts make sure your track bar mount is not cracked, steering stabilizer is not leaking..Give them a $20 for their time and be on your way!!!
no cracks and there is nothing loose..everything wa retorqued with an impact..i watched very closely, they're tight
Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazyhorse02
...but they put the bolts in and I dont think they cut anything?
If they did install cam bolts to adjust your castor from ZERO to something reasonable, then they most definitely did cut your control arm mounts to allow for the adjustment. If it works for now, fine, but make sure you check them after any real wheeling to see if they've shifted.

Like someone already said, when you do go to adjustable control arms, you will need to have washers welded onto the bracket to return to a stock configuration.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
JK Freak

ill def be monitoring them..but after being so fearful of death wobble on the highway it was such a sigh of relief to see a transition in the road and not tense up and prepare for what was about to happen. Its been a long time since Ive driven on the highway with the jeep and the end result wasnt me being completely pissed off and cursing the thing! lol

Quick Reply: Help asap!!!