Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help asap!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help asap!!!

I'm driving to atl from new Orleans and have stopped in Gulfport due to continuous death wobble... My caster is at 0.0 according to the alignment shop.. Anyway to adjust without adj. Arms?? Please I'm stuck in ms!!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How tall is your lift? Installing adj. control arms is really the best way to get some caster. Maybe retorque TB with JK on the ground?

Last edited by TeraFlex; 06-09-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is the 1st DW you have experienced and it cam on while on this long trip....that takes out bent parts due to wheeling theory. I would have them check the torque on all the steering components, especially the tie rod ends. Also check your track bar bolts and the area where the track bar mounts to the axel as some of the JK's have been breaking welds. Also some factory steering stabilizers are defective....look for fluid leaks around the steering stabilizer.
Have you ever had it do DW before?
Have you recently put on new tires or steering components?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I find it har to believe yo uwent from driving fine to ZERO caster. I bet your trac bar is loose or a bracket is broken
Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
I find it har to believe yo uwent from driving fine to ZERO caster. I bet your trac bar is loose or a bracket is broken
X2... zero caster?!?! Like they said, check that front track arm/ track arm bracket... That bolt takes like 120ft/lb torque.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses.. I have had death wobble before.. I installed a jks trackbar and tf stabilizer, it went away until now.. I have the 2.5 tf bb..I'm getting adj control arms but to get me to atl an offroad shop used some caster bolts.. Thanks again
Old 06-09-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by crazyhorse02
Thanks for the responses.. I have had death wobble before.. I installed a jks trackbar and tf stabilizer, it went away until now.. I have the 2.5 tf bb..I'm getting adj control arms but to get me to atl an offroad shop used some caster bolts.. Thanks again
If yo udo in fact have ZERO caster cam bolts won't help.... also they will have to drill out the CA mounts to fit cam bolts.... more work in the end. check the trac and the trac braces...
Old 06-09-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

There stealing your money!!!! You have loose bolts somewhere!!!! Most likely your track bar. Simply tightening that bolt will get you back on the road. DW doesn't just appear out of no where on a long trip......the road vibrations loosened a bolt causing your DW!!
Old 06-09-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

either that or you seriously knocked you alignment/balance outta whack
Old 06-09-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Jedi

if that shop is telling you that you need cam bolts on a BB, go tell the head mechanic to go play hide and go fawk himself. #1 caster is not zero from a BB. no way. #2 adj. control arms the only way you should increase the caster. when the cam bolts give you issues and you get adj. arms, you will have to get washers welded on your brackets to repair what they cut out.

I would go find another shop ASAP. You are just wasting money there.

Quick Reply: Help asap!!!