Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with alignment spec sheet/flighty steering

Old 08-13-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Connect the mounting holes with straight lines, as in the video.

Yours are crossed, instead of being parallel. Replacing the drop pitman with the stock will move that mounting hole up above the tracbar, and your lines will be nice and parallel.

Once you get that taken care of, see how she drives.

If the bumpsteer is gone (which it should be), but it is still a bit flighty - there is a huge thread on this lift that you can read for more info on the caster. With adjustable control arms, you would probably want your caster numbers to be in the 5-6 range for that lift height. Your current numbers look really low to me, but that may just be my inexperience with those lowering brackets.
I'll get rid of the drop pitman arm bracket and replace it with the stock one, and let you know how it goes. Also, I'll check out that other thread. Thanks again for all of your help,

-Brandon

Quick Reply: Help with alignment spec sheet/flighty steering