Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help!!! Airbag sensor's on underside of 07 Wrangler seats after installing Corbeau

Old 10-19-2013, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help!!! Airbag sensor's on underside of 07 Wrangler seats after installing Corbeau

I installed my Corbeau Baja seats today and there is a sensor on a tab attached to the underside of the factory seats. I noticed the instruction video for Mastercraft seats says to not put it on the aftermarket seat, but now my airbag light is on.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I've thought about plugging it into the harness but since it was mounted on a tab under the seat I'm afraid of what this might do (set off the airbag)?
The following users liked this post:
Chris K (03-10-2020)
Old 10-20-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the airbag would go off but rather the system seeing the sense switch.So when someone sitting in the seat the airbag would go off in an event
Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tackindy
I installed my Corbeau Baja seats today and there is a sensor on a tab attached to the underside of the factory seats. I noticed the instruction video for Mastercraft seats says to not put it on the aftermarket seat, but now my airbag light is on.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I've thought about plugging it into the harness but since it was mounted on a tab under the seat I'm afraid of what this might do (set off the airbag)?
I highly doubt plugging it in will set it off but just to be safe, stand clear of the bag when plugging it in. Did it for a reason of why they DON'T want u to connect the plug?

Sent from my obama listening device
Old 10-20-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It Won't activate it, specially if you disconnect your battery first, BUT it won't turn the light off either.

The factory seat comes with weight sensors that need to be re calibrated back to 0.

Only the stealership can do the re learn process. Might as well ask them to disable them completely, since it's possible , some jk's don't have the sensors on the pass seat.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did some research and it appears these are "Seat position sensors". I guess they guage how far up or back the seat is and adjust the airbags accordingly. I plugged them back in and the airbag light went off. Of course now they are just freehanging under the new seats. I wonder if they are telling the Jeep the seats are all the way back or all the way forward now? Ha ha
The following users liked this post:
Chris K (03-10-2020)

Quick Reply: Help!!! Airbag sensor's on underside of 07 Wrangler seats after installing Corbeau