Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP with AEV 2.5 lift

Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jacksjk
lol !!!!!!. ain't it the truth ! ... on my '12 , i used a die grinder to remove just enough plastic from the bottom of the battery tray to get the top of the shock together , i thought i was the only guy that killed precious time with that part of the install ! but it did save me from removing the fuse block , i too thought the only way was to drill an acess hole !
Whew! Misery does love company. I cruised the web for shock replacement on the 2012 and never found any details. It is just a shock replacement so I must be a moron I just wonder if the Jeep service manual just says, "install shock" ...

A fine example of surprise PITA.

PS: no argument with the die grinder approach. The fuse box actually comes out easy enough. It looks to be more trouble than it is.

Last edited by texascodmw3; 10-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

37 degrees, and rain all day :(. No wrenching today. Hopefully we can find a day soon to get this install done. It's times like these I wish I had a garage. Is hate to have to wait until spring....

Quick Reply: HELP with AEV 2.5 lift