Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help or advice

Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help or advice

Ok I have a 2.5 inch lift on a 2012 2 door wrangler.its a sky jacker lift. I have 33 inch pro comp mud terrains. My jeep rides pretty stiff and I notice hitting pot holes at slower speeds makes the jeep shake a lil. My questions are. Will better shocks give me a better ride. And what could cause this shake in front end. And it's not death wobble.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fusco10
Ok I have a 2.5 inch lift on a 2012 2 door wrangler.its a sky jacker lift. I have 33 inch pro comp mud terrains. My jeep rides pretty stiff and I notice hitting pot holes at slower speeds makes the jeep shake a lil. My questions are. Will better shocks give me a better ride. And what could cause this shake in front end. And it's not death wobble.
How much air is in your tires? Depending on the load range on your tires, 26-30 psi might help
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swaite3

How much air is in your tires? Depending on the load range on your tires, 26-30 psi might help
I run nitrogen and run them at 30.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Shocks will make for a better ride but before you go and spend your money check a couple of things, check your ball joints, tie rod ends, drag link, track bar bolts, pitman arm and the sector shaft, make sure they are all tight and there is no play in any of that stuff
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LikeMike850
Shocks will make for a better ride but before you go and spend your money check a couple of things, check your ball joints, tie rod ends, drag link, track bar bolts, pitman arm and the sector shaft, make sure they are all tight and there is no play in any of that stuff
Ok I'm not super good with wrenching. I checked all them bolts for tightness but how do u check if their bad. ?? Also I bought like 30$ shocks with the lift I went cheap. I was low on cash. So their really cheap shocks
Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

If you got cheap shocks & coils chances are that's the problem- typically you get what you pay for
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atch
If you got cheap shocks & coils chances are that's the problem- typically you get what you pay for
Coils aren't cheap it was a good kit. Shocks were really cheap. But I can't figure out the front end thinng
Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

The jeep shakes or is it bump steer or flighty? How much actual lift did you get?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

The jeep shakes or is it bump steer or flighty? How much actual lift did you get?

What is the difference. ???i mean it shakes the steering wheel back and forth pretty fast but not anything that u can't control. And it's a 2.5" lift
Old 01-28-2013, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure what the difference is between them all

Quick Reply: Help or advice