Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help???

Old 05-16-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help???

I have a JK Rubicon 2DR. It came with a hard top only. I haven't seen too many Rubicons without the dual top option. So my girlfriend suprised me for my birthday with a soft top. She bought it from Quadratec for $597.99. The problem is that it is a Replace-a-top and does not come with all the brackets and hardware to make it go up and down. Its just includes the top canvas and side/back windows. Does anyone know where I can buy just the bracket/hardware? I know Mopar sells a complete top for around $1200.00. Im torn to tell her to take such a nice present back. Any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Send it back and buy a soft top off of someone on here that is selling theirs. I've seen a few and most of them are pretty good deals.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

As far as I know the only company that would sell the hardware would be a dealership.

As mentioned the best bet is to tell your girlfriend that you are glad she bought it for you but it won't work and that you are going to return it and find a complete one online.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Marry Her!!!!:d
Old 05-17-2007, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Tell her the truth, then tell her its not her fault she didnt know, bla bla yada yada. Then you blame it on who ever she bought it from because....its their job to know what your jeep would need for a soft top. Yah thats it!
Old 05-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by elibodman

just kidding.

the truth is always the best option. but as was mentioned, blaming whoever sold it to her couldnt hurt. *L*

Buying a complete one will probably be cheaper in the long run.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

She bought it from Quadratec.

Originally Posted by angbri
Tell her the truth, then tell her its not her fault she didnt know, bla bla yada yada. Then you blame it on who ever she bought it from because....its their job to know what your jeep would need for a soft top. Yah thats it!
Old 05-18-2007, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

She is a keeper!

Originally Posted by elibodman

Quick Reply: Help???