Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help

Old 01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help

I have a 2008 Jeep JK Wrangler "X", and want to make it 4wd. I know i know i should have baught it that way. Any info that ya'll can send will help. the only way to contact me is via email, cuz i am stationed in IRAQ. Thank you.

Josh McCart
mccart_jm04@hotmail.com
Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find your self a front axle, trans and transfer case, drive shafts, and start changing out parts; well that is the best case. You can try to find a wrecked JK for parts and just change the parts over. Sorry I am not familiar with the front suspension on a 2 wheel drive JK, never seen one. Someone will chime in with better info on what it will take to convert your JK. One option would be to trade yours in when you return state side. Welcome to the forum, Thank You for your service and good luck, sorry I was not more help.

Last edited by walldo; 01-22-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

I personally don't have any details you need and I haven't seen any posts on here about going from 2wd to 4wd in a JK. I suggest you PM wayoflife or one of the shops that are members to ask them. I also remember one of the 4wd magazines building a 2wd into a 4wd. They did it that way because the wanted a stronger driveline/axles than are offered in the Rubicon. I believe they put an atlas II transfer case and dana 60s under it. Not sure how much time you have to surf the internet while you are deployed, but that might help you pass some time.

by the way I just left the Gulf Coast last summer.... missin' it.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Oh, and welcome aboard. I saw this was your first post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

there are a decent amount of posts about people wanting to change over to 4wd or make there 2wd more capable. the best way is to start with basics and work up to your goal. obviously you need 4wd, to a tcase is in order. i would start there. oh and the previously stated finding a junker jk is one of your best bets
Old 01-22-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mccartjm
I have a 2008 Jeep JK Wrangler "X", and want to make it 4wd. I know i know i should have baught it that way. Any info that ya'll can send will help. the only way to contact me is via email, cuz i am stationed in IRAQ. Thank you.

Josh McCart
mccart_jm04@hotmail.com
You can probably get a GREAT deal on a trade. That's what I would try. With Chrysler in as bad a shape and the economy suckin hind tit, you have some leverage. There's a sales man somewhere that will make you a deal you cannot refuse. I promise you. I would certainly try that, before I went to all the trouble and expense you're talking about.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
You can probably get a GREAT deal on a trade. That's what I would try. With Chrysler in as bad a shape and the economy suckin hind tit, you have some leverage. There's a sales man somewhere that will make you a deal you cannot refuse. I promise you. I would certainly try that, before I went to all the trouble and expense you're talking about.

+1

And thank you for your service over there

Quick Reply: Help