Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help

Old 01-18-2016, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

This is my first JK and I'm stuck on some tech questions. Previously owned several CJ, YJ, and TJ's, so I'm not new to jeep ownership. Have a few questions I can't find clear answers to.

1. Will 35's fit with a 2.5 in lift without fender flare mods?
2. How much backspace do I need on 18 in wheels for 35's? I'm Looking at two separate wheels, one is 18mm (positive) offset, and the other is -24 (negative) offset.

Any help/comments appreciated.

Thanks
Terry
Old 01-18-2016, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prodiver869
This is my first JK and I'm stuck on some tech questions. Previously owned several CJ, YJ, and TJ's, so I'm not new to jeep ownership. Have a few questions I can't find clear answers to.

1. Will 35's fit with a 2.5 in lift without fender flare mods?
2. How much backspace do I need on 18 in wheels for 35's? I'm Looking at two separate wheels, one is 18mm (positive) offset, and the other is -24 (negative) offset.

Any help/comments appreciated.

Thanks
Terry
Yes, and 4.5" backspacing
Old 01-18-2016, 01:32 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Offset uses the rim width in the calc to determine how far in/out the rim sits. (positive is further in, negative is further out, but again, this varies by the actual width.) Convert it to backspace for a more user friendly number. Stock backspace is around 6-6.25", as that number goes down, the tire moves out. A 4.50" backspace is the common recommendation for 35x12.50's.

Onroad, should be ok with stock flares. Offroad, you will want to do some checking, especially if you disconnect.

Quick Reply: Help