Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

"HELP" 3.5" AEV install

Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "HELP" 3.5" AEV install

Im positive that this will be the first of several questions posted over the course of the next few hours. I'm installing a 3.5" AEV kit on a 2011 Rubicon. I'm at the point that I am installing the rear trackbar tower and it appears that I have to drill a hole on top of the existing trackbar mount to install the bolt though where the instructions call for the "2 washers". Does this seem correct? the directions do not call for me to drill the existing mount, do some jeeps already have this drilled?

thanks,
Luke
Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed this kit last month on my 2013 rubicon. You have to place the tower in place, mark the outline of the hole, cener punch and drill it out. I ran across a detailed write up on this installation but it is too large to attach. I believe it was on the AEV forumn.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LaRubi13
I just installed this kit last month on my 2013 rubicon. You have to place the tower in place, mark the outline of the hole, cener punch and drill it out. I ran across a detailed write up on this installation but it is too large to attach. I believe it was on the AEV forumn.
Great thanks, The directions. Rear is done and on to the front tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Download current instructions on AEV website. Even those are still off a little.

I just did that install. Read the online ones and the ones you received. Notice some pictures show washers but the instructions don't mention them and vice versa.

If you want immediately help from diehard AEV people that have installed this post on the AEV forum.

Quick Reply: "HELP" 3.5" AEV install