Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP... 2dr Hoist

Old 04-22-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP... 2dr Hoist

I am in the process of plannig/building my own hoist for my 2 dr freedom top. I am having a hard time trying to figure out where the best place to put the hooks for the top is and how to secure the hooks to the frame. I am either going with a T-frame or a H-frame. I don't really want to leave the window open, but i will if it deems the best design.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2007, 03:59 AM
JK Freak

i built one this weekend for my unlimited. i put 2 slotted angles on the ceiling. using only 2 straps(one for each side), first hook at the ceiling then go through the rear window and up through the front opening and then back to the ceiling. this setup would work for the 2 dr as well.

the one good thing about only using 2 straps is you only have 2 places to un-ratchet the straps and it goes pretty quick.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by gjeepguy
i built one this weekend for my unlimited. i put 2 slotted angles on the ceiling. using only 2 straps(one for each side), first hook at the ceiling then go through the rear window and up through the front opening and then back to the ceiling. this setup would work for the 2 dr as well.

the one good thing about only using 2 straps is you only have 2 places to un-ratchet the straps and it goes pretty quick.

Got any pics?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Finished mine. Will post pics shortly.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BLKRuby
Finished mine. Will post pics shortly.
pics?????????????
Old 05-20-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

i might try that way i have the straps & hooks ive been just hooking the lower edge of the thing, does the strap mess up the rubber seal any
Old 05-20-2007, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

the strap touches it... but there isnt much strain on the seal.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:01 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Not the best pic but you can get the idea.
have to have the back window open but works for me because it makes it easy to walk under the top when its hanging. I back up to the ball that hangs to mark the position to stop at. Open the window and drop the frame down to allow the back hooks to rotate under the lip of the back window frame. They catch right at the window hinges. The frame is sized so that the 2 hooks on the front rotate in and catch on the front. Its all kind of hard to explain but it works great. I can have the hard top on or off by myself in about 5 min. I have a come along that raises and lowers which is a must. Most of the come alongs I have seen will not do a controlled lower. I have the soft top also but dont even use it anymore because this is so easy.

Last edited by dsy; 05-20-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

road runner better watch out you must have been shopping at Acme

Quick Reply: HELP... 2dr Hoist