Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help with 2" lift

Old 02-17-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with 2" lift

Hi Everyone,.. I'm new to the forum, and I just got my 2010 unlimited x. I want to put a 2" lift on it, to accommodate a little larger tire with more back spacing on the wheel, but I don't know if there are any other alterations needed, as in the steering shaft, or anything. The kit only comes with minimal items, and nothing is mentioned in the directions about altering anything else, but I just want to make sure I don't mess something up.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kotchulookin
Hi Everyone,.. I'm new to the forum, and I just got my 2010 unlimited x. I want to put a 2" lift on it, to accommodate a little larger tire with more back spacing on the wheel, but I don't know if there are any other alterations needed, as in the steering shaft, or anything. The kit only comes with minimal items, and nothing is mentioned in the directions about altering anything else, but I just want to make sure I don't mess something up.
so that it's clear, you want "less" back spacing and NOT "more". more back spacing will bring your tires in closer to your frame and other components and that's not a good thing. less back spacing will push your tires out giving your side walls more breathing room and less chances of rubbing at a full turn.

having said that, a good budget boost will come with everything you need and nothing else will be needed. teraflex makes such a kit and i might recommend it.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife

so that it's clear, you want "less" back spacing and NOT "more". more back spacing will bring your tires in closer to your frame and other components and that's not a good thing. less back spacing will push your tires out giving your side walls more breathing room and less chances of rubbing at a full turn.

having said that, a good budget boost will come with everything you need and nothing else will be needed. teraflex makes such a kit and i might recommend it.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
To clear up what he said a 4.25 backspacing will stick out more than a 6.25 inch backspacing.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kotchulookin
Welcome to the forum! TeraFlex has several 2.5"BB kits and 2.5" coil kits that will allow you to run 35's on your JK. You will need wheelspacers (1.25") or new wheels with 4.5" backspacing to clearance the rear swaybar ends.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Newbie

Wink hey thanks, guys

my bad,.. less backspacing. oops. i filled out the profile, and i got the spacers put on, so i am good to go. nice height for a short person.
thanks for all the help. it is much appreciated.

Quick Reply: help with 2" lift