Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP: 2.5 RC BB Lift -AND- 1" Coil Spacer

Old 03-14-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: 2.5 RC BB Lift -AND- 1" Coil Spacer

I can't find this question if it is on the forum already. If it is, sorry from a newbie.

I'm about to order the RC 2.5" BB lift and wanted to ADD an ADDITIONAL 1" Coil Spacer to both the front and rear.

Is this a NO-NO or will the two work together OK?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

RC 2.5 BB
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html

1" Front and Rear Coil Spacers

F: http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail....d=TF-001953075
R: http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail....d=TF-001954100
Old 03-14-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Many people have stacked the budget boost lifts, but I am not sure if you can stack those Teraflex spacers on top of the Rough Country spacers. Most of the people who stack them are stacking poly or rubber spacers together. The RC spacers are metal so I am not sure if it can be done or not. I would also like to know, as I have the RC lift on the way now.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Hey,

Just like anything, RC does not recommend adding additional spacers as this might have adverse effects on all the other suspension components and the handling characteristics will change.

But...having said that you could probably get away with it on your own accord. The key here is to have a spacer that replaces the factory one and is taller than the factory one. Instead of stacking, you'll just have one. In the front it should be ok, but the back might provided slightly more leverage (when it comes to centreing the RC spacer).

I'm sure some one has done it here. Also remember that both axles will move to the right even more. So you will need either lower trackbar brackets or adjustable track bars and you will be at close to max drive shaft angles.

Just a few pointers to think about.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Big D2
Hey,

Just like anything, RC does not recommend adding additional spacers as this might have adverse effects on all the other suspension components and the handling characteristics will change.

But...having said that you could probably get away with it on your own accord. The key here is to have a spacer that replaces the factory one and is taller than the factory one. Instead of stacking, you'll just have one. In the front it should be ok, but the back might provided slightly more leverage (when it comes to centreing the RC spacer).

I'm sure some one has done it here. Also remember that both axles will move to the right even more. So you will need either lower trackbar brackets or adjustable track bars and you will be at close to max drive shaft angles.

Just a few pointers to think about.
Just the type of info I was looking for! Thank you.

Is there anyone out there that has attempted this SUCCESSFULLY?
Old 03-14-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
Many people have stacked the budget boost lifts, but I am not sure if you can stack those Teraflex spacers on top of the Rough Country spacers. Most of the people who stack them are stacking poly or rubber spacers together. The RC spacers are metal so I am not sure if it can be done or not. I would also like to know, as I have the RC lift on the way now.
Do you think the TeraFLex 2.5" BB would be a better option since it would be a poly on poly setup?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

..hmm could be

..But RC being steel really helps. That spacer is almost like lowering the whole factory spring. The front really has nowhere to go as the bumpstop is in the middle, whereas the back is torqued to such as spec that the whole unit feels like it's part of the vehicule.

Just curios why do you want to add the spacer? To compensate for heavy equipement or to increase clearance?

If you want to increase clearance, and you are using stock shocks, you will still have the same extension, but if you use longer shocks, be very carefull because the combination of spacer/spacer spring might just be too much and the spring might shift. Steel and spacer are not flexible. If you had a longer spring, spring is pliable so it will bend more easily to the twist and flex of the axle.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Big D2
..hmm could be

..But RC being steel really helps. That spacer is almost like lowering the whole factory spring. The front really has nowhere to go as the bumpstop is in the middle, whereas the back is torqued to such as spec that the whole unit feels like it's part of the vehicule.

Just curios why do you want to add the spacer? To compensate for heavy equipement or to increase clearance?

If you want to increase clearance, and you are using stock shocks, you will still have the same extension, but if you use longer shocks, be very carefull because the combination of spacer/spacer spring might just be too much and the spring might shift. Steel and spacer are not flexible. If you had a longer spring, spring is pliable so it will bend more easily to the twist and flex of the axle.
I was thinking of adding the spacer because I wanted a little more that a 2.5" lift. I'm not a trail guy so the jeep will never reach full articulation unless i crawl over a car that stops quickly in front of me doing 65 mph
Old 03-14-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

you can always do a 1" body lift to increase the lift hight.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 3/4" spacer in the front now and will be doing the TF 2 1/2" lift. If I lift both front and rear 2 1/2" and lose the existing spacer, will the result be level or will it have the factory rake again? Is there any problem using both? I see the discussion above and it looks like I'm okay using both in the front.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why not do the RC 3.25". It's 2.5 coils and shocks along with .75 spacers. Works great.

Quick Reply: HELP: 2.5 RC BB Lift -AND- 1" Coil Spacer