Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP!}}}===>Death Wobble in my brand new JK

Old 03-07-2011, 01:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to check your vin on the Jeep site regard this:

"Washington, D.C.—(ENEWSPF)—March 5, 2011.

Summary: Chrysler is recalling certain Model year 2010 – 2011 Jeep Wrangler vehicles manufactured from July 12, 2010 through September 10, 2010. Some vehicles may experience a degradation of fastener torque for various front and rear axle attachments to the chassis module.

Consequence: This could result in noise, or ultimately, degradation in steering and handling characteristics which could lead to loss of directional control of the vehicle increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy: Dealers will re-torque all nineteen fasteners to the maximum residual torque values. This service will be performed free of charge. The Safety Recall is expected to begin during March 2011.

Notes: Chrysler Safety Recall No. L-9. Owners may also contact the National highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Source: dot.gov"
Old 03-07-2011, 02:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by trick50
I don't know how far your looking to get into this in terms of replacing this and that. But my suggestion which I think is the most intelligent thing to do, is order a complete 2.5" budget boost like the one that teraflex offers, or rough country (just add trackbar bracket) take the ready lift spacers out hopefully get your money back. More then likely your problem will go away once you install a complete kit.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Well i didnt want to get into too much of replacing this and that. This is my DD and i need it to be reliable and ride good because ill spend 98% of this things life on road. I did some research on this kit and have found some decent responses. im sure the issue i am having is install realated or maybe there is an update on this kit for 2011 and this box has been sitting around at a retailer for a couple years...thanks for all the help, i will update this evening after the tech takes another look
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mldsrt4
Well i didnt want to get into too much of replacing this and that. This is my DD and i need it to be reliable and ride good because ill spend 98% of this things life on road. I did some research on this kit and have found some decent responses. im sure the issue i am having is install realated or maybe there is an update on this kit for 2011 and this box has been sitting around at a retailer for a couple years...thanks for all the help, i will update this evening after the tech takes another look
Only thing that has changed from 07 to 11 are the front brake lines are mounted to the axle. Sounds like either the kit or the installer. Hopefully it's something simple that was just over looked.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same issue. The bolt holes that secure the front track bar on both ends became elongated due to bolts becoming loose. I had to have a heavy duty washer welded onto both sides of each of the mounting brackets to fix this issue. After this fix, I still had a slight wobble from time to time. I then checked all of my bolts for the upper and lower control arms on the front and rear and found two bolts on the front control arms loose. I then tightened all control arm and track bar bolts both front and back. This cured my death wobble. I also noticed my steering damper is shot. Will replace it with after market one soon.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

I do not have death wobble...being a newbie i thought maybe but realized it was an improperly touqed track bar bolt, tourqued to 125 and cured the wobble....but still remains is the clunk in the rear passanger side fender well....took it for a ride about 3 miles listed to all the clunks...parked it for about and hour, got in it and as i started to pull out of my parking spot i heard a series of loud creeks. lots of them at slow roll....hmmm
talking to ready lift they dont have much info for me..."it could be anything"...understandable....they also havnt heard of this being common, hopping installer error and i can get this ironed out
Old 03-07-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

PROBLEMS SOLVED AFTER INSTALLATION OF READYLIFT SST
first one being what i thought was death wobble was a loose track bar bolt
second one was a thumping noise in the back. I took the rear springs out unbolted the spring spacer up top and inspecting the bolt i noticed it had been hitting the frame on the other side of the spring mount. the bolts ready lift gave me were over .25" too long ill throw pics up soon i took so anyone who experiences this will know
Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

heres the pics of the problem, not great pics but hope fully you understand...one is looking up seening the damage the bolt left to the floorboard of the jeep the other is a side view with bolt installed so u can see the length....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	install3.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	135545   Click image for larger version

Name:	install1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	135546   Click image for larger version

Name:	install2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	135547  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

I wrote an email to readylift to let them know the issue i had with the install and the bolt provided being too long. They called me back within a few hours to express their concern on the issue. I sent them the pics i had and they said how sorry they were and wanted to make it up to me by sending me a free set of front sway bar links that i need anyways. Gratefully i excepted and i am very satisfied with their response and service. As long as they follow through with their promise i give them a thumbs up. Lift looks and rides great! I will update to let you know if they kept their promise...heres my jeep after lift
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	after lift 2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	135551  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mldsrt4
I wrote an email to readylift to let them know the issue i had with the install and the bolt provided being too long. They called me back within a few hours to express their concern on the issue. I sent them the pics i had and they said how sorry they were and wanted to make it up to me by sending me a free set of front sway bar links that i need anyways. Gratefully i excepted and i am very satisfied with their response and service. As long as they follow through with their promise i give them a thumbs up. Lift looks and rides great! I will update to let you know if they kept their promise...heres my jeep after lift
glad you figured it out. I just replaced my RC 2.5 BB with the 3.5 Series II and did the install myself. So far there have been no issues at all, but I've been watching all the threads about lift problems just in case.

It's always nice to hear about great customer service!! The Jeep looks great!!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

I am running a Teraflex 2.5 lift with a 1" spacer on the front as well, and am running 33's with no issues at all. I would check your torque settings as well as the other issues all ready discussed. Good luck with this. D/W is nothing to fool with.

Quick Reply: HELP!}}}===>Death Wobble in my brand new JK