Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP!}}}===>Death Wobble in my brand new JK

Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i got rid of the bump steer...checked track bar bolts it it was loose! I dont know if the tech missed it or it loosened up, i noticed somebody said they are know to loosen, maybe some lock tite? tourqed to 125 and now its perfect up front....still have the thump in the rear....had it up on an alignment rack and checked everything, everything looks free from obstruction, didnt see any signs of wear. jacked up the side i was getting clunk from and basically did a ball joint check with i big pry bar...not sure i could replicate it well but still didnt see where anything that could be bumping. it sound like a car with a bad strut mount thumping off the inner wheelwell or floor board. or if you could picture what your spare would sound like wobbeling around not tightened down....and it will make the noise on the slightest bump or crack in the pavement...any more ideas?
Old 03-06-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
i just looked this lift up. it says it has cam bolts. did you install those? says it has a rear track bar bracket. did you install that? says it has brake line drop brackets, did you install those?

personally, i think cam bolts suck. search for the various threads about them

if you installed the supplied rear track bar bracket, disregard my lost post about ordering one from northridge.

if you used the brake line brackets, getting longer brake lines are a waste with this kit.

i would forget the above items and simply order adjustable front lower control arms. if you already installed the cam bolts, take those out and weld washers to fix the control arm bracket holes and use the arms. that might fix your issues.

if you dont really need front sway bar disconnects, id get longer rear sway bar links and move the factory rears to the front.
i need the brake line extensions for the peice under fender well becasue the rubber hose from the caliper to the bracket where it becomes hard tubing is too short at full flex. it will rip if i flex or put on a lift. this problem at all for wheels.
the brake line bracket they give you is the hard tubing under the rear seats, under the jeep obviously...
everything in the kit was installed

Last edited by mldsrt4; 03-06-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mldsrt4
i need the brake line extensions for the peice under fender well becasue the rubber hose from the caliper to the bracket where it becomes hard tubing is too short at full flex. it will rip if i flex or put on a lift. this problem at all for wheels.
the brake line bracket they give you is the hard tubing under the rear seats, under the jeep obviously...
everything in the kit was installed
yah, sorry, i got your thread confused with another regarding a teraflex kit when i was talking about brake lines. obviously i wouldnt know if you need them or not with the ready lift, as i am unfamiliar with it.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

so i got rid of the bump steer...checked track bar bolts it it was loose! I dont know if the tech missed it or it loosened up, i noticed somebody said they are know to loosen, maybe some lock tite? tourqed to 125 and now its perfect up front....still have the thump in the rear....had it up on an alignment rack and checked everything, everything looks free from obstruction, didnt see any signs of wear. jacked up the side i was getting clunk from and basically did a ball joint check with i big pry bar...not sure i could replicate it well but still didnt see where anything that could be bumping. it sound like a car with a bad strut mount thumping off the inner wheelwell or floor board. or if you could picture what your spare would sound like wobbeling around not tightened down....and it will make the noise on the slightest bump or crack in the pavement...any more ideas?
There are no ball joints in the back, so what exactly were you checking with a big pry bar?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

this is kinda a long shot, but check your jack and other components in the rear. make sure the jack is opened and tight in there and the other tools arent banging around. also, what offset are your wheels? what size tires? how close are the rear sway bar links to the wheel and tire?

Last edited by wazooz2424; 03-06-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

haha no ball joints i know,,,i was trying to simulate bumps i guess...but not checking balljoints tho...
Old 03-06-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

i havnt checked the jack but it went into the shop fine, and i drove it out and thump. but i will check...plenty of room between tires and links. running 33x12.5x17 with 4.25 back spacing
Old 03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

what shocks are you using? possible the shock is loose at either end? grasping at straws, here.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

loose makes the most sense but checked them right after i noticed the thumps, and then again today seem to be tight...havnt seen the tech since the install but tomorrow im going to have him take another look its only on one side so it cant be to hard. still
Old 03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

which one should i get?....what about steeering stabilizers? do i need one of those? how bout the rear trackbar?....i do have a thumping now in the back now going over bumps..
I don't know how far your looking to get into this in terms of replacing this and that. But my suggestion which I think is the most intelligent thing to do, is order a complete 2.5" budget boost like the one that teraflex offers, or rough country (just add trackbar bracket) take the ready lift spacers out hopefully get your money back. More then likely your problem will go away once you install a complete kit.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Quick Reply: HELP!}}}===>Death Wobble in my brand new JK