Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Helf w/ Bumper Install

Old 05-24-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helf w/ Bumper Install

Okay, I'm installing a new steel front bumper. Now I know how to install and all that, but I cannot get off those f'in plastic screws that keep the grill on JK and I can't get off those two plastic screws that keep the flat plastic piece (which sits between the plastic front bumper and the grill) off.

I turn them counterclockwise, but they don't want to budge...they just keep turning and turning.

How do I get those plastic scews off so I can take the grill off my car and get the plastic cover out from between my front bumper and grill?

P.S. the plastic air damn was easy...I just snapped that junk off

Thank You!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

When I encountered that problem, I used a small flathead to pop up the core, removed it by hand, then pulled out the base retainer.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Use a wood screw to twist into the core and pull it out then the base will follow.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Turn the plastic heads so notches on the outer piece run front to back and the rounded cap has its seam that runs left to right, then carefully slide a small flathead screwdriver under the rounded head to pop out the center, then pull out the edge piece. I have some pictures somewhere if you would like to see them.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took a drill bit and drilled mine out and purchased new ones at the parts store. Was able to get a package of 10 for about $3.00.

Quick Reply: Helf w/ Bumper Install