Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Heim joints on the Full Traction Lift

Old 03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heim joints on the Full Traction Lift

Hello All,

I am interested in the full traction ultimate 3" lift but I am concerned by the comments that have been made about heim joints on the forum. I definitely don't want a front end that starts to rattle once the joints have a few miles on them (especially since I noticed that the joints themselves only have a 90 day warranty).

I like the ultimate lift because it corrects all the geometry issues caused by the lift with the adjustable track bar and control arms but I am worried about the joints.

Is there a reasonable alternative? Or are the heim joints a non-issue?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Slvr_4dr
Hello All,

I am interested in the full traction ultimate 3" lift but I am concerned by the comments that have been made about heim joints on the forum. I definitely don't want a front end that starts to rattle once the joints have a few miles on them (especially since I noticed that the joints themselves only have a 90 day warranty).

I like the ultimate lift because it corrects all the geometry issues caused by the lift with the adjustable track bar and control arms but I am worried about the joints.

Is there a reasonable alternative? Or are the heim joints a non-issue?
From what I have read and have been told its a non issue.

A couple members of my club run Fulltraction and have had no issues with them/

I havent had any yet...
Old 03-07-2007, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Give David at Northridge 4x4 a call and he can help alleviate your concerns. He has alot of knowledge about FT suspensions.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Trust me, the heim joints are a non-issue and I have to wonder if any of the nay-sayers out there have actually run a Full Traction lift before. For the record, I've had a Full Traction 6" long arm kit on my TJ for over a year now, it is a daily driver and a rig that I play hard in. And, I have no problem what so ever.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Hey all, thanks for the replies. It is good to hear from people who have actually used full traction products before. Thanks again.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am interested in the full traction ultimate 3" lift but I am concerned by the comments that have been made about heim joints
A few lift companies have given heims a bad name by using the cheapest available heim they can find. FT is not one of them . I am running the 6" kit on my TJ that uses the same heims without any issues at all. They are a very high qaulity heim with a static load rating of 107,812lbs each plus they each weigh almost 3 pounds each.

Hope that helps

David

Quick Reply: Heim joints on the Full Traction Lift