Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Height diff. between AEV 3.5" and OME HD?

Old 01-29-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Height diff. between AEV 3.5" and OME HD?

I am either going to buy the AEV 3.5" premium lift or the OME HD longarm lift.
Has anyone compared the two? Everything I have read says the OME HD lift gives over 3" of lift. How much taller is the AEV?
I drive a 4 door hardtop with LOD bumper and winch in front. Will be getting a rear bumper with carrier. I am running 33's but will probably go to 35's when these wear out.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmontgomery
I am either going to buy the AEV 3.5" premium lift or the OME HD longarm lift.
Has anyone compared the two? Everything I have read says the OME HD lift gives over 3" of lift. How much taller is the AEV?
I drive a 4 door hardtop with LOD bumper and winch in front. Will be getting a rear bumper with carrier. I am running 33's but will probably go to 35's when these wear out.
You will get just over 3" of lift on the HD OME. I am running a middy LoD & warn winch and rear tire carrier bumpers and a set of STT 33's but plan on 35's this spring. I have had no issues with sag with all the extra weight in the last 9 months. I have not compared an AEV lift next to my jeep to see if there is any difference.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. Your Jeep was one of the pics I found that convinced me the OME HD wasn't going to be to tall.
Does anyone know if the AEV 3.5" sits higher?
Old 01-29-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

It will sit exactly 3.5 when loaded or unloaded. Go to their website and look at their pics. I have a the AEV 4.5 and it's exactly that.

Quick Reply: Height diff. between AEV 3.5" and OME HD?