Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

height

Old 03-25-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default height

I need your help. I just put on my 2.5rc coil lift and i really want to know what others got out of there lift. if anyone still has stock tires can you please tell me the height from the ground to the lip of the fenders front/rear

Thank you...
Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The proper way to measure lift gained is from the top of the axle to the bottom of the frame. That way tire size has no impact on it, and you get the actual lift gained.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

On mine, from the ground to where I have this red line drawn on the fenders is 38-3/4".....and that's with some 3/4" spacers and slightly larger tires....so without those adding to the height, I'm guessing mine would be around 37.5" or so.....

I'm actually curious about this myself, because I didn't measure before either...

Last edited by JK-KJ; 03-25-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Im interested to see what others come up with. I have the RC 2.5 kit as well. Didnt measure before and after. Definately should have.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 PM
JK Freak

Do you mean the top of the pumpkin?
Any pics to better illustrate what you mean for this noob?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by roguejk
Do you mean the top of the pumpkin?
Any pics to better illustrate what you mean for this noob?
Doesn't matter where on the axle you do actually measure from as they are all stationary points in relation to the frame. However, you would want to measure from the frame rail straight down to the axle.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok with stock rims and tires in the rear im only at 36" not sure about the front But when i got my kit i didnt get the rear shocks i dont think because they didnt have the brackets for the studs to go into. So i had to cut them off the stock one and use them, Do you know if the rears are longer?? Why is my lift so small?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rodney
Ok with stock rims and tires in the rear im only at 36" not sure about the front But when i got my kit i didnt get the rear shocks i dont think because they didnt have the brackets for the studs to go into. So i had to cut them off the stock one and use them, Do you know if the rears are longer?? Why is my lift so small?
I didn't get as much lift from this kit as I expected either, but this seems worse than even mine...the shocks aren't going to affect the amount of lift, so that shouldn't be a factor. What size tires are you running? I know stock, but are we talking about the little 225/75R16's or the 255/75R17's (32")? If you're on the smaller tires, then your measurements would make more sense...so hopefully that's the case.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Check out this thread.....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...w+measurements

From the above thread:

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
Stock 2 door Rubicon
36" front and rear.

Quick Reply: height