Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Heater vents for back seat?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater vents for back seat?

Like most places, it's real cold here this winter.

I currently run the combination of floor / front vent and aim the center dash vents to the back. Instead, I'm wondering if I could re-direct that air under the dasn and then through custom tubing through the center console to blow out near their feet in the back seat.

Has anyone routed heater vents to the back seats to keep the kids warmer?
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I'd look at tapping into the center vents and running tubing through the console to some factory vents installed? Keep the tubing size down for more velocity by the time it reaches the back. Could be done..
Old 01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell the kids to suck it up.

Just kidding, if I'm not mistaken at some point on here I saw either a write up or a modified post about installing extra heaters for the back seat. Maybe someone will be a able to chime in with a link to the thread.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Junkie

or consider adding a seat heater kit to the rears...not a bad way to go either. Much easier
Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

if u can give me a couple days, i will look at my parents Honda Pilot. it has vents and controls on the center console for the back seats.. ill take a look at how they are run and take some pics for you. u might figure something out by then, but i wont be at their house til the weekend.

Quick Reply: Heater vents for back seat?