Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Heated Wiper Blades/ Washer Fluid

Old 11-17-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heated Wiper Blades/ Washer Fluid

Well, winter is around the corner. Since I try to spend time up in the mountains as much as possible skiing, I spend quite a bit of time driving in bad weather. I am trying to figure out what route to go.

Should I do heated wiper blades like Everblades offer? or Should I go the route of heated wsher fluid? or both?

I read the post about wrapping your washer fluid hose around the radiator hose, but I am looking for something more on demand with a switch.

What brand are you using and how do you like them? Post up pics if possible too.

Thanks,
Tim.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TAIL RATED
Well, winter is around the corner. Since I try to spend time up in the mountains as much as possible skiing, I spend quite a bit of time driving in bad weather. I am trying to figure out what route to go.

Should I do heated wiper blades like Everblades offer? or Should I go the route of heated wsher fluid? or both?

I read the post about wrapping your washer fluid hose around the radiator hose, but I am looking for something more on demand with a switch.

What brand are you using and how do you like them? Post up pics if possible too.

Thanks,
Tim.

I have done the wrap around washer fluid on all my cars, it is pretty much on demand like you say. its cheap and works great.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you need to buy a new hose or is there enough slack to do this mod?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Red08JK
I have done the wrap around washer fluid on all my cars, it is pretty much on demand like you say. its cheap and works great.
do you have a write up of this? sounds like a good idea for new england winters
Old 11-17-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blackthunder92
Do you need to buy a new hose or is there enough slack to do this mod?
I didnt want to reroute from where it was existing so I spliced off and added extra line, you could reroute the entire hose possibly but dont know how much slack you would have.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
do you have a write up of this? sounds like a good idea for new england winters
coincidentally there is a guy who just did the same thing while moving his nozzles tonight in the Modified Tech section, showing what it looks like when its done. All you do is litterally cut the hose, add in an extension piece of tube, wrap it around the radiator hose and then retap it back into the nozzle line. just need the nipples/adapters from hardware/auto store.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Red08JK
coincidentally there is a guy who just did the same thing while moving his nozzles tonight in the Modified Tech section, showing what it looks like when its done. All you do is litterally cut the hose, add in an extension piece of tube, wrap it around the radiator hose and then retap it back into the nozzle line. just need the nipples/adapters from hardware/auto store.
Thanks, I'll have to take a look and give it a try!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe a dumb question ..... But would/could warm(heated) windshield washer fluid cause the windshield to crack on a really cold day if you already have a tiny chip???
Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Maybe a dumb question ..... But would/could warm(heated) windshield washer fluid cause the windshield to crack on a really cold day if you already have a tiny chip???
Yup. Like pouring soda on ice.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TAIL RATED

Thanks,
Tim.
I have another idea for ya. How about adding defrost heating elements to the front shield? This is a mod that is on my to-do list. You can buy the elements in strips. Then just stick them on and wire them up. They even make a special element that you apply to the wiper area.

Quick Reply: Heated Wiper Blades/ Washer Fluid