Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

heated seats

Old 11-14-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heated seats

hey everyone,
I don't want to ask a repeat question but am wondering if anyone has successfully installed the mopar heated seat elements without disassembling the seats. I thought I had seen in the past where the seat back had been removed and the elements just slid in without taking the covers off. Any input or advice is great or if somebody can point me to a thread that actually shows this being done.

thanks
Matt
Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Here is a couple of write ups I found.

Mopar Heated Seat Install

My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no way to install seat heaters without removing the skin. Follow the directions in the first of Robars links to see how to install them...except I didn't cut my hog clips, I opened 'em with needle nose pliers and reused them...very easy...and GREAT addition in a cold climate daily driver
Old 11-14-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

When I added the kit I figured since the covers were off I would add iggee leather seat skins at the same time. Now easy to clean and warm
Old 11-14-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Robs2010jk
When I added the kit I figured since the covers were off I would add iggee leather seat skins at the same time. Now easy to clean and warm
bonus
Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

I did the heated seats in my two dr and it was really easy for the most part. The bolts for the seats and getting the center console out to run the wiring/control module were the biggest pain. The seat covers come off really easy. I also just used a thick tie strap instead of hog clips.

All in all...very nice mod for the cooler days when you want to go topless.

Jolly
Old 11-14-2010, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I might have to do this, looks somewhat easy and would be nice to have heated seats.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Roos85
I might have to do this, looks somewhat easy and would be nice to have heated seats.
at -30 it sure is
And great tip Jolly...especially if going through the heating pad itself
Old 11-15-2010, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

I've actually installed two sets of seat heaters. One set on my Jeep and another set on my friend's. Of course I didn't think to take any pictures! I went with the Check Corporation brand I got at quadratec and put the switches on daystar lower switch panel. The price was a whole lot better and installed the same way. I did have to remove the seats and the factory seat covers but that wasn't too hard. I used the only hog rings I could find at the time which were too large. They were from a farm supply store and literlly intended for hogs! For my friend's, I used some smaller ones for closing sausage casings. Much nicer> The hog ring pliers were bought at home despot for a couple of bucks. Regular pliers would work too but I found the little groove in the hog pliers helped keep the ring centered while closing them. The instructions included were pretty easy to follow but I also printed a copy of the mopar instructions and folllowed both. The switches require a really odd size drill bit but I was able to get my work to order one! I believe it was a 51/64.

I've been using the heaters almost exclusively this winter. I barely even turn on the actual heater except for defrost and maybe when my feet get cold.

Hope this helps. Jake
Old 11-15-2010, 04:46 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

I installed the mopar kit a couple if weeks ago and as many others have done, I easily managed to get the job done with the seats in place. Once I removed all the hog rings and got the elements in place, I used mini tie wraps instead of the included hog rings to fasten the seat cover back down.

Quick Reply: heated seats