Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Heads up on the Rancho 2" Sport Lift

Old 10-18-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just to let you know, thats an issue with 4wheelparts. Not Rancho.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Just to let you know, thats an issue with 4wheelparts. Not Rancho.

Negative. The 4" Sport kit was drop shipped from Rancho all in Rancho boxes and that is what I bought. When I took the kit to my installer he noted there were 4 front shocks shipped to me and no rears. I over nighted two rears from 4 wheel parts so the job could be completed. Rancho boxed up 4 fronts and doesn't want to own up to it. Live and Learn. As I said, I love the kit, just not the customer service.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the information. I am really considering this for my 2012 JKU Sahara. Am I correct in assuming that this would not happen with the 4 door?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kojack
You should try teraflex. Great products, great prices.
Ohh yea love my teraflex! Highly recommended
Old 10-19-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put the Rancho 2" on yesterday. It is just slightly "off" in the front, I'd say by about a 1/2 inch to an inch or so. So now the Jeep sits just barely (but noticeably so, to me anyway) upslanted rather than the factory "rake" that it had before.

Hoping the front springs will settle a little bit and level it out.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tymonster
I put the Rancho 2" on yesterday. It is just slightly "off" in the front, I'd say by about a 1/2 inch to an inch or so. So now the Jeep sits just barely (but noticeably so, to me anyway) upslanted rather than the factory "rake" that it had before.

PM answered.
And yes when you go with a bumper and a little time it should sit level too. Also get those shocks turned down a bit too.

Pictures?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tymonster

Wanted to get some follow up on how the Rancho 2" Sport Lift worked out for you.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan
Wanted to get some follow up on how the Rancho 2" Sport Lift worked out for you.
I've installed this lift with the 9000XL shocks on my JKU an pd it's performed very well. The lift gives the vehicle a nice stance and the shocks make a great ride. All the major bumps in my area, even some nasty train tracks, are very smooth and not harsh to go over now. I run the front shocks at 5 and the rear at 3.

One note I need to correct being a newb, I didn't pay close enough attention to the instructions and only installed the .75 inch spacer in the rear. I thought it replaced the "OE Isolator" in the rear because that just looks like a smaller spacer. I didn't realize what the instructions rightly called the OE isolator was the spacer looking piece of rubber I removed. So, the rear end of my JKU sits about 1/2 inch lower than the front measured at the pinch seams. It's not really noticeable but there. I'll correct it when I put my new wheels on. And the OE isolator low and behold is 1/2 inch thick so I should be completely level.

Of note, my wife normally doesn't like my aftermarket shocks since the road ride ability seems harsher. She likes this so much we ordered the same lift for her JK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan
Last time I posted here I had just put the lift on. It's been a few months and since then I've added an aftermarket from bumper and a winch... so about 145lbs total (85 for the bumper and 60 for the winch), oh and 35's. There's a reason Rancho makes this lift the way they do... if it was level from the start with a stock bumper, it'd sag once you add (like many of us do) a real front bumper and a winch.

In my opinion the ride quality is actually better with the heavier front end. The shocks have more weight engaging them over whatever terrain you're on and you can feel them responding more making it, for me, a more enjoyable ride. I'm at 3 in the front and 3 in the rear for daily driving. Snow wheeling in CO last month I dropped them to 1 and 1 and they were great. Definitely recommended them.

Here's some perspective: 33s lift stock bumper / 33s lift a.m. bumper / 35s lift a.m. bumper / 35s lift a.m bumper winch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (96).jpg
Views:	346
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	422207   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (32).jpg
Views:	392
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	422208   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (65).jpg
Views:	350
Size:	61.5 KB